Dr. Gena Ghearing is a psychologist practicing in Iowa City, Iowa. Dr. Ghearing specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Ghearing evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Ghearing because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Education and Training
New York Medical College
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Neurology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Neurology, Epilepsy Division - University of Pittsburgh -
- Mayo Clinic Rochester
- Mayo Clinic Rochester (Neurology, Epilepsy in progress)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Clinical Neurophysiology, American Epilepsy Society, American Medical Association
Articles and Publications
- 3 Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
Colleagues, Mentors she has had and her Patients
Dr. Gena R. Ghearing M.D.'s Practice location
Iowa City, Iowa 52242Get Direction
Rochester, MN 55905Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Gena R. Ghearing M.D. | Psychologist | Clinical
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Gena R. Ghearing M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ghearing
- What Is Erectile Dysfunction: Get the Facts
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a condition in which a man is unable to get or maintain an erection long enough during sexual activity to satisfy his sexual needs. The condition was referred as impotence before medical research highlighted the underlying causes. Most men encounter erection problems at...
- Actor with Autism Guest Stars on "The Good Doctor"
Many are watching ABC's new hit "The Good Doctor," which portrays a doctor who has autism spectrum disorder. While the show itself is bringing a lot of awareness into what it's like to have autism, it is making even further progress by having excellent actor, Coby Bird, on the show, who actually has...
- The Science Behind Depression: What Happens in Your Brain
Although the causes of depression are often associated with tragic life events, pregnancy, retirement, or conflicts in a relationship, this complex disorder is scientifically believed to be caused by a chemical imbalance. This chemical imbalance can be a result of a genetic vulnerability,...
- Psychologist vs. Psychiatrist
IntroductionFor individuals who suffer from certain mental health problems, there is always a question that comes to their mind. Whom should they approach for help? How would one know which type of doctor would be right and whom should they speak to? Do they need to go to a psychiatrist or a...
- What Is Literotica?
Literotica: What is it?Literotica refers to creatively written erotica. The term originated from the website Literotica.com. It features user-submitted erotic stories and poetry. The site's name, Literotica, caught on and has become synonymous for modern erotic literature. Literotica is an erotic...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Dr. Norman Rasmussen EDD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Brennan J. Young PH.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Dustin P Wallace PHD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Stephen P Whiteside PHD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Barbara K Bruce PHD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Mrs. Sarah Anne Kalsy MA, LP200 1st St Sw Rochester MN 55905