Prasanna Venkatesh Kumar, MD, FACC, FSCAI, formaly of Prairie Cardiovascular in Illinois is now an Interventional Cardiologist at Slocum Dickson Medical Group in New Hartford, New York. Dr. Kumar has been recognized by his schools for his outstanding achievements as a medical student, during his extensive education in multiple areas of cardiology. Dr. Kumar is very dedicated and passionate about his field of medicine; having multiple board certifications and having two fellowships to prestigious academies. With only 5 years in practice, Dr. Kumar is an intricate part of the cardiac care team at Slocum Dickson and is bound for success in the future.
Education and Training
Madras Medical College
American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Does Both Academic Instruction and CME Speaking Locally, Regionally, and Nationally -
- Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Medicine at the Southern Illinois University -
- Received Outstanding Medical Intern Award from the Chicago Medical School
- Received the Best Outgoing Medical Student Award from Madras Medical College
- Received Multiple Gold Medals from Madras Medical College
- Chicago Medical School
- Louisiana State University-Cardiovascular Disease, Mayo Clinic-Interventional Cardiology
Professional Society Memberships
- American Osteopathic Association, Mayo Clinic Alumni Association, Counselor for the Illinois Chapter of the American College of Cardiology
Articles and Publications
- Published more than 10 Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
His Passion for the Field
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Cardiovascular Intervention, Circulation, Journal of the American College of Cardiology
- Southern Illinois HealthCare
Dr. Prasanna Venkatesh Kumar M.D.'s Practice location
New Hartford, New York 13413Get Direction
Carbondale, IL 62901Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Prasanna Venkatesh Kumar M.D. | Cardiologist | Interventional Cardiology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Prasanna Venkatesh Kumar M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Venkatesh Kumar
Get to know Cardiologist Dr. Prasanna Venkatesh Kumar, who serves patients in New Hartford, New York.
Prasanna Venkatesh Kumar, MD, FACC, FSCAI, formerly of Prairie Cardiovascular in Illinois is now an Interventional Cardiologist at Slocum Dickson Medical Group in New Hartford, New York.
Dr. Kumar has been recognized by his schools for his outstanding achievements as a medical student, during his extensive education in multiple areas of cardiology.
Dr. Kumar is very dedicated and passionate about his field of medicine; having multiple board certifications and having two fellowships to prestigious academies.
Dr. Kumar treats a variety of cardiovascular disorders including but not limited to coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, valvular heart disease, some forms of congenital heart conditions such as atrial septal defects and some forms of cardiac arrhythmias. A variety of Interventional Cardiology procedures echo, TEE, cardioversion, stress test, nuclear cardiology
With only 5 years in practice, Dr. Kumar is an intricate part of the cardiac care team at Slocum Dickson and is bound for success in the future.
- Using Losartan in Treating Hypertension
Unfortunately, there is an increasing prevalence of hypertension, which is the term used to indicate high blood pressure with a reading of 140/90 mm Hg or higher. It is being blamed on living a modern lifestyle, the frequency of alcohol and tobacco intake, certain physical activities, and processed...
- What Is Raynaud’s Disease: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Raynaud’s disease?Raynaud’s disease, also known as Raynaud’s syndrome or Raynaud’s phenomenon, is a rare blood vessel disorder described by a French physician named Maurice Raynaud in 1862. In this condition, the blood vessels that carry blood from the heart to other parts of the...
- What Causes Sudden Cardiac Arrest?
Sudden cardiac arrest is one of the most common causes of death due to cardiac diseases. Sudden cardiac arrest refers to the sudden loss of heart function, resulting in death. It is different from a heart attack in that the latter is caused by a blockage in one of the vessels that supplies the walls...
- These Conditions Can Cause Dyspnea
OverviewDyspnea is the clinical term for shortness of breath or breathlessness experienced by both healthy individuals and patients with respiratory or cardiovascular diseases. It can also be a temporary condition that quickly resolves on its own or a symptom of a more serious health condition. A...
- Lupus Patients are at Greater Risk of Heart Disease
Lupus is an unpredictable, multi-organ disease, and in some it may have milder course characterized by skin rashes or muscular aches, while in others it may start abruptly with predominant symptoms of some serious illness. It is not uncommon for lupus patients to present with the symptoms of kidney...
- Stem Cell Treatment Heals the Damage Caused by Heart Attacks
A new study has shown that muscle damage due to a heart attack can be corrected by stem cell treatment. This included a small number participants, but they have shown that stem cell treatment is an effective method to help patients recover from a heart attack. The study was directed by Eduardo...
- Dr. Hugh C Macisaac MD2211 Genesee St Utica NY 13501
- Dr. Darius J Marhamati MD2211 Genesee St Utica NY 13501
- Dr. Brian J Gaffney MD2211 Genesee St Utica NY 13501
- Dr. Peter S Hotvedt MD2211 Genesee St Utica NY 13501
- Dr. Michael A Sassower MD2211 Genesee St Utica NY 13501
- Dr. Rakesh M Bhan MD4507 Medical Center Dr Fayetteville NY 13066