Earl A. Zimmerman, MD, works at the Albany Medical College in the Neurology Department in Albany, New York. With 45 years of experience, Dr. Zimmerman's expertise in Neurology and Internal Medicine is credible. Over the course of his career, Dr. Zimmerman has authored a vast amount of medical articles published pertaining to his medical field. With great dedication he has board certifications in both Neurology and Internal Medicine, and is an esteemed member of many associations such as the American Academy of Neurology. He credits his hard work, excellent education, and patient care for all of his successes.
Education and Training
Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
Univ of Pa Sch of Med, Philadelphia Pa 1963
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Dental Medecine 1963
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- High-field magnetic resonance imaging of brain iron: birth of a biomarker?
- 1H MR spectroscopy using TE averaged PRESS: a more sensitive technique to detect neurodegeneration associated with Alzheimer's disease.
- Magnetic field correlation as a measure of iron-generated magnetic field inhomogeneities in the brain.
- Iron accumulation in the substantia nigra of patients with Alzheimer disease and parkinsonism.
- Ideal management of diabetes mellitus and dementia: walking a tightrope between hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia.
- Improved myo-inositol detection through Carr-Purcell PRESS: a tool for more sensitive mild cognitive impairment diagnosis.
- Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs), polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) and neuropsychological status among older adults in New York.
- Exergaming and older adult cognition: a cluster randomized clinical trial.
- Raman spectroscopy of blood serum for Alzheimer's disease diagnostics: specificity relative to other types of dementia.
- Anti-Ri-associated paraneoplastic brainstem cerebellar syndrome with coexisting limbic encephalitis in a patient with mixed large cell neuroendocrine lung carcinoma.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Member AMERICAN ASSOCIATION FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF SCIENCE
- Member AMERICAN ACADMEY OF NEUROLOGY
- Member AMERICAN NEUROLOGICAL ASSOCIATION
- Professor ASSOCIATION OF UNIVERSITY PROFESSORS OF NEUROLOGY (AUPN)
- Member ENDOCRINE SOCIETY
- Member INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY
- Member INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY OF NEUROENDOCRINOLOGY
- Member NORTHWEST SOCIETY OF NEUROLOGY, NEUROSURGERY AND PSYCHIATRY
- Member SOCEITY FOR NEUROSCIENCE
- Ny & Presby Hp-Columbia Campus, Neurology; Ny & Presby Hp-Columbia Campus, Internal Medicine
- Columbia University Affiliated Hospitals 1965
- Columbia University Affiliated Hospitals 1964
- Ny & Presby Hp-Columbia Campus, Neurology Ny & Presby Hp-Columbia Campus, Internal Medicine
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital 1964
- New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Neuro-Endocrinology Columbia Univ. College of Physicians & Surgeons New York, NY 1970
- PRESBYTERIAN HSP, NEW YORK, NY United States 1968
- New York Presbyterian Hospital
- New York Presbyterian Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Neurology, American Neurological Association, American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
Articles and Publications
- Neurodegeneration with brain iron accumulation, Neurology Medlink
- Published Many Articles
What do you attribute your success to?
Hard Work, Excellent Education, and Patient Care
Hobbies / Sports
Dr. Earl A. Zimmerman M.D.'s Practice location
Albany, New York 12208Get Direction
Albany, NY 12208Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Earl A. Zimmerman M.D. | Neurologist | Electrodiagnostic Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Earl A. Zimmerman M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Zimmerman
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- Parkinson's Disease and Alzheimer's Disease Similarities Lead to Potential Drug Discovery
For many years scientists and doctors have been constantly spotting the similarities between Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. Both conditions attack neurons directly, one focuses more on the processes related to movement and the other on the cognitive part, affecting memory and mental...
- Herpes Simplex Virus: The Cause of Cold Sores
Herpes simplex is a retrovirus that infects humans. The virus is passed from one person to another through direct physical contact or contact with anything that has come in contact with saliva or other body fluids of an infected person.Once the virus enters the body, it has a clever mechanism to...
- The History of Parkinson's Disease
The understanding of Parkinson’s disease has evolved over the years. Techniques and methods used for treatment have greatly improved over time. Parkinson’s disease is far from a new illness. In fact, this disease, and its various treatment methods, go back thousands of years.The possible...
- Self-Care for Parkinson's Disease Patients
At some point in the development of the disease, Parkinson’s affects the patient’s life. Nothing can prepare you for the feeling brought upon by hearing the diagnosis, which sometimes may seem numbing and scary. Parkinson’s disease isn’t curable, and knowing that you will have the disease...
- Late Stage Alzheimer's Patients Failing to Get Proper Care
There are some symptoms and conditions that have been discovered over time that stand out as especially difficult when it comes to how healthcare providers and medical specialist centers can help specific patients. Such can be the case for ailments that specifically worsen in the terminal phase of...
- Dr. Dzintra Freimane Celmins M.D.35 Hackett Blvd Albany NY 12208
- Dr. Timothy Michael Lynch MD47 New Scotland Ave Albany NY 12208
- Dr. Adolfo Ramirez-zamora M.D.43 New Scotland Ave Albany NY 12208
- Dr. Daniel Silverman MD314 S Manning Blvd Albany NY 12208
- Dr. Neil S Lava M.D.47 New Scotland Ave Albany NY 12208
- Dr. Matthew Joseph Murnane M.D.47 New Scotland Ave Albany NY 12208