Psychopharmacologic and Psychotherapeutic Treatment of Mental Illness
Education and Training
Ross University School of Medicine
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking for Forensic Case Studies -
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Adult Psychiatry
- University of Miami
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association, Texas Medical Association, Texas Society of Psychiatric Physicians
What do you attribute your success to?
Her Parents who are Full of Support and Doing What she Enjoys.
Hobbies / Sports
Shonna Janel Piegari's Practice location
Houston, Texas 77002Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Shonna Janel Piegari | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Shonna Janel Piegari's reviewsWrite Review
- What's a Nymphomaniac?
What is Nymphomania?Nymphomania is a mental and emotional condition in women characterized by a sudden increase or extreme frequency of sexual urges or activity. To differentiate this from promiscuity and lust, the condition features a preoccupation with sex-related thoughts, feelings, or even...
- What is Autistic Disorder
Autistic disorder is defined as the most severe type of autistic spectrum disorder (ASD). It is also called classic autism or Kanner’s Syndrome. This developmental disorder is characterized by challenges with communication, social interaction, and behavior. Autistic people often avoid interaction...
- Antidepressants Taken During Pregnancy can Raise the Risk of Lung Conditions in Newborns
Some of the popular antidepressants used during pregnancy may raise the risk of a rare but serious lung condition in newborns, according to a new report. In this study, researchers analyzed the data of almost 1.6 million births in five Nordic countries available at the national registry. The...
- Treating Autism
Since symptoms of autism can vary depending on the child, and behaviors can often change over time, treatment solutions should be tailored to individual needs. A program should improve a child’s communication skills while addressing social, behavioral, and learning aspects of a child’s life....
- Is ADHD More Common Among Boys or Girls?
Why are boys diagnosed with ADHD more often?Despite both genders being at equal risk, boys tend to be diagnosed more often because the symptoms they display due to the illness are more obvious and easily spotted. Boys display externalized symptoms, such as running around a little too much or...
- Managing Anxiety Disorder Using BuSpar
What is anxiety?Anxiety is a general term that is often used to refer to disorders among individuals that cause nervousness, fear, stress, and worrying. These traits often impact human behavior and can turn into real physical symptoms. Mild anxiety is temporary and vague. However, anxiety that turns...
- Dr. Dawn K. Brown M.D.2219 Sawdust Road The Woodlands Texas 77380
- Dr. Bernadette Ejiogu Onuoha MD12808 West Airport Blvd. Sugarland Texas 77478
- Dr. Ashley Toutounchi M.D.952 Echo Ln Houston TX 77024
- Dr. Huiping Xu M.D.1941 East Rd Houston TX 77054
- Valdesha L. Ball6700 W Loop South Bellaire Texas 77401
- Sanjay Adhia1800 St James Pl Suite 306 Houston TX 77056