Gopinath Kongara, MD, works at Nath and Associates in Louisiana. At the private practice, Dr. Kongara specializes in adult psychiatry. When Dr. Kongara is not at his practice, he could be found lecturing locally or working at local hospitals such as St. Elizabeth Hospital and the St. James Psychiatric Hospital. Being board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology; meaning he has successfully completed an approved training program and an evaluation process assessing his ability to provide quality patient care in the medical field of psychiatry.
Education and Training
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences
Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences 1998
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- Bipolar Disorder
- Opiate Dependence
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- SUNY Stony Brook University Hospital & Medical Center/Winthrop University Hospital Program
- Stony Brook University
- Institute of Medical Sciences
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association, Louisiana Psychiatric Association
What do you attribute your success to?
Hard Work, Dedication, and Patient Care
Hobbies / Sports
- Tennis, Reading, and Traveling
Favorite professional publications
- Psychiatric News, American Journal of Psychiatrists, Carlat Report Newsletter
Dr. Gopinath Kongara M.D.'s Practice location
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70808Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Gopinath Kongara M.D. | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Gopinath Kongara M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Depression: Finding the Right Antidepressant
The federal government’s health statisticians figure that about one in every 10 Americans take an antidepressant. The National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) reports that the rate of antidepressant use in the US among teens and adults has increased by 400% from the years 1988 to 1994 to 2005...
- Are Stimulants Good for My Child?
Most parents whose children suffer from the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) reject the consumption of caffeinated drinks. They often think that such drinks could worsen their children’s symptoms. So why do medical doctors prescribe sedatives to kids experiencing severe ADHD...
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- What Is Trichotillomania: Causes and Symptoms
IntroductionTrichotillomania is also known as the hair-pulling disorder. It is categorized as a mental disorder, wherein there is an involvement of an irresistible as well as a recurrent urge to pull out the hair from the scalp, eyebrows, and other parts of the body with hair.The urge to pull one's...
- 5 Tips on Living with ADHD
People suffering from ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) experience a lot of challenges. The symptoms associated with this condition can really be detrimental to an individual’s quality of life. However, being conversant with some useful tips on the management of such symptoms can be...
- The Top 10 Health Threats For Men
Here is a list of the top 10 dangerous diseases men can face in their lifetime. Don't be alarmed; many of these diseases are preventable and treatable. 1. Heart attack and cardiac arrestHeart attacks are caused by a blockage of any arteries that supply blood to the heart. Arteries can get clogged...
- Zahid Imran5329 Dijon Drive Baton Rouge Louisiana 70808
- Dr. Philip Louis Cenac M.D.7850 ANSELMO LN BATON ROUGE LA 70810
- Duy Tran M.D.8585 PICARDY AVE BATON ROUGE LA 70809
- Dr. Karen D Stone M.D.1112 E Ascension Complex Blvd Gonzales LA 70737
- Dr. Stuart Samson M.D.7777 Hennessy Blvd Baton Rouge LA 70808
- Dr. Joseph Luke Palotta MD5211 Essen Lane Baton Rouge LA 70809