Prior to joining the UC San Diego Nevada Cancer Institute, Dr Deauna-Limayo was the Director of the Myeloma and Lymphoma Program and the Chairman of the Educational Committee of the Cancer Program at the Kansas University Medical Center. Nevada Cancer Institute is a part of the University of California San Diego Healthcare System. Dr Deauna-Limayo focuses in the treatment and research of hematologic malignancies with special interest in multiple myeloma. She is also the director of the oncology fellowship program.
Education and Training
University of Santo Tomas
American Board of Internal Medicine - Medical oncology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Hematology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Director of Fellowship and CME Programs -
- Medical Director, Myeloma and Lymphoma Programs, University of Kansas Medical Center -
- Invited Participant, Molecular Biology and PCR Summer Workshop, Smith College,
- Invited Participant, American Society of Clinical Oncology, Train-the-Trainer Update Workshop: Bringing Cancer Genetics to Clinical Practice, Fairmont Hotel at University Place, New Orleans, LA; March 19-21, 1999
- Invited Participant, 2000 AACR/ASCO Workshop: Methods in Clinical Cancer Research, Vail Cascade Resort, Vail, Colorado; July 29-August 4, 2000
- Recipient, Internal Medicine Merit Award, University of Kansas Medical Center. July 2005
- Nominated Woman of the Year for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Las Vegas, NV – 1st runner up: raised $18,000+ for the society – May 21, 2010
- Team Captain, NVCI Team for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s “Light the Night Walk”, Kellogg Zaher Park, November 5, 2011.
- University of Southern California (Internal Medicine)
- Multiple Myeloma, Lymphoma, Hematologic Malignancies
- University of Southern California (Internal Medicine)
- University of Kansas (Hematology-Oncology)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Society of Hematology, American Society for Blood and Bone Marrow Transplantation
- University of Nevada School of Medicine
Articles and Publications
- Reddy P, Deauna-Limayo D, Cook J, Ganguly S, Bodensteiner D, Skikne B, Blecke C and Sahud M. Rixtuximab in the Treatment of Relapsed Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura - Ann Hematol 2005; 84: 232-235
What do you attribute your success to?
Love of the Profession, Hard Work
Areas of research
Focus on clinical research in the management of multiple myelomas, lymphomas and other hematologic malignancies.
Nominated Man and Woman of the Year for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society 2010
Team Captain, Light the Night Walk, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society 2011
Teaching and speaking
Invited speaker for local, regional and international conferences in the field of multiple myeloma and lymphomas
Director of the Oncology Fellowship Program for the University of Nevada School of Medicine
Provides lectures and board reviews for the residents and fellows of the University of Nevada School of Medicine
Invited speaker for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society, International Myeloma Foundation and University Medical Center Cancer Support Groups
Favorite Place to Vacation
Hobbies / Sports
- Watching Classic Movies
Favorite professional publications
- Blood Journal
- University Medical Center Las Vegas
- Summerlin Hospital
Dr. Delva P. Deauna-Limayo M.D.'s Practice location
Las Vegas, Nevada 89135Get Direction
N LAS VEGAS, NV 89086Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Delva P. Deauna-Limayo M.D. | Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Delva P. Deauna-Limayo M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Black Sabbath's Tony Iommi Discusses Struggles with Lymphoma
Tony Iommi is one of the few rock and roll legends who can say that they fulfilled the industry’s cliché act of getting the band back together. In 2011, the loss of a good friend brought the Black Sabbath guitarist Iommi back into contact with the band’s original lead vocalist, Ozzy Osbourne....
- Bringing Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Patients and Their Doctors Together via Survey
While patients may entirely admire and respect their doctors, sometimes they simply do not agree with the course of action they are proposing. While this may not be a big deal for a visit about a cold or something minimal, it can be life-altering for those with chronic conditions. That is why a...
- Lymphoma News: Mother Gives Birth to Healthy Daughter after Chemo During Pregnancy
Chemotherapy has a reputation for its not-so-great side effects. As many people know, chemotherapy is known to cause off target symptoms for most cancer patients such as nausea and vomiting, hair loss, and extreme fatigue. In addition to the symptoms that one may experience during treatment, some of...
- How to Deal with Lymphoma Treatment Fatigue
Treatment fatigue is a very common problem among lymphoma patients. Whether the patient is doing pharmaceutical treatments, chemotherapy, or other treatments, they will likely lead to fatigue and a feeling of being burnt out.This article will go over what treatment fatigue is, symptoms that are...
- The Effect of Sunshine on Lymphoma
Having a lack of enough vitamin D can drastically effect one's ability to fight many cancers, including lymphoma. So, researchers inevitably wondered whether the addition of Vitamin D to preexisting therapies would prolong patients' lives. The Wilmot Cancer Institute received a $3 million grant for...
- Teen Finds Strength to Give Back After Battling Lymphoma
Ayden Mills is a 14-year-old middle school student residing in Vancouver, Washington. It’s easy to wonder how someone could be an inspiration at such a young age, but what Mills has gone fought through is nothing short of amazing. Mills’s story shows how it is possible to fight through even the...
- Oscar B Goodman MD PHD9280 W Sunset Rd Las Vegas NV 89148
- Dr. Heather J Allen MD3730 S Eastern Avenue Las Vegas NV 89169
- Dr. Mary ann Allison MD1505 Wigwam Parkway, Suite 130 Henderson NV 89074
- Dr. Anuradha Thummala MD7445 Peak Drive Las Vegas NV 89128
- Dr. Gilbert Mudiwa Nyamuswa M.D.58 N Pecos Rd Henderson NV 89074
- Mr. Steven W Yates M.D.2610 Aberdeen Blvd Gastonia NC 28054