Dr. Gary M. Strauss M.D.
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & OncologyRHODE ISLAND HOSPITAL PROVIDENCE RI, 02903
Gary M. Strauss, MD, MPH, works at Tufts Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts. Dr. Strauss serves dual roles, as an Assistant Professor and Medical Director, Lung Cancer Program, as well as being the Director of the Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program. Dr. Strauss specializes in early detection of cancer, blood cancers, solid tumors, and breast and genitourinary cancers. He lectures around the country and also around the world, and has won numerous awards from magazines for his excellent medical care and teaching skills. During his role as Professor at Tufts, Dr. Strauss has concentrated on the role of the tobacco industry as it correlates to development of lung cancer.
Education and Training
Yale University School of Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine- Medical Oncology
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- The Mayo Lung Cohort: a regression analysis focusing on lung cancer incidence and mortality.
- Adjuvant chemotherapy of lung cancer: methodologic issues and therapeutic advances.
- Management of early-stage lung cancer: past, present, and future adjuvant trials.
- Adjuvant vs neoadjuvant chemotherapy in resectable NSCLC: is that the real question?
- Induction chemotherapy and surgery for early-stage non-small-cell lung cancer:
- Treating elderly patients with stage III NSCLC.
- Chest X-ray screening for lung cancer: overdiagnosis, endpoints, and randomized population trials.
- Effects of chemotherapy on survival of elderly patients with small-cell lung cancer: analysis of the SEER-medicare database.
- The benefit of chemotherapy in elderly patients with small cell lung cancer.
- Cisplatin vs. carboplatin-based chemoradiotherapy in patients >65 years of age with stage III non-small cell lung cancer.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Professor at Tufts University School of Medicine -
- National and international lectures -
- Teacher of the Year, Brown University, 2005-2006
- Best Doctor in America, Boston Magazine, 2007-Present
- Top Doctor- US News and World Report, 2011
- Boston City Hospital
- National Cancer Institute, Harvard School of Public Health
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Thoracic Society
What do you attribute your success to?
Hard Work, Continuous Research
Hobbies / Sports
- Cycling, Traveling
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine
Dr. Gary M. Strauss M.D.'s Practice location
Brookline, Massachusetts 2445Get Direction
PROVIDENCE, RI 02903Get Direction
Dr. Gary M. Strauss M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Strauss
- Touchdown For Lymphoma: Two Teams Put Rivalry Aside For a Cause
Everyone knows that some rivalries can get pretty heated - especially when sports are involved. However, two football teams recognize that there is something more important - supporting a girl with Hodgkin's lymphoma. Although she was a cheerleader for the football team, they are now turning the...
- Morphos Declared a "Breakthrough Therapy" for Lymphoma
MorphoSys’s main objective is to design exceptional and unique biopharmaceuticals, all designed to enhance the lives of patients suffering from severe or life-threatening conditions.The human body has two types of lymphocytes that can develop into lymphomas: B lymphocytes (B cells) and T...
- Boy Who Donated Hair to Kids with Cancer Fights Stage Four Lymphoma
Torrin Breneman first learned about cancer three years ago, and it made an impact on him. When he learned what cancer can do to a person, and that it affects children across the world, Torrin made a decision to do something about it. He grew out his hair for the next three years, with the intentions...
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to Expand Mission Against Blood Cancer
On July 19, 2017, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, or LLS, proclaimed that they would be expanding their initiative to beat acute myeloid leukemia. Referred to as "Beat AML Master Trial", the project aims to test new and innovative treatments for those suffering from AML. For more information...
- Potential Causes of Leukopenia
IntroductionA decrease in the number of white blood cells (WBCs) is referred to as leukopenia. There are several causes for leukopenia. It may be due to certain drugs, cancer, radiation and chemotherapy for cancer, stem cell transplant, surgery, steroids, or autoimmune disorders. The immune system...
- The Link Between Lymphoma Radiotherapy and Mesothelioma
One of the more common forms of treatment for lymphoma is radiotherapy. This involves using radiation to kill the cancer cells in the lymph nodes. New studies have produced concerning findings regarding radiation therapy, and point towards another induced risk of using the practice.The StudyThe...
- Dr. Gerald Colvin DO593 Eddy St Providence RI 02903
- Dr. Maria Constantinou MD593 Eddy St Providence RI 02903
- Dr. Sabrina Maria Witherby M.D.593 EDDY STREET PROVIDENCE RI 02903
- Dr. Nathan Theodore Connell M.D.593 Eddy St Providence RI 02903
- Dr. Humera Khurshid MD593 Eddy St Providence RI 02903
- Dr. Kalyan C Mantripragada MD593 Eddy St Providence RI 02903