H. Kurtis Biggs, DO, is founder of the Joint Replacement Institute in Naples, Florida. He is a nationwide expert and a fellowship trained joint replacement surgeon, having completed over 400 joint replacements per year. Dr. Biggs also helped to develop two other hospital based joint replacement centers. In the academic setting, Dr. Biggs served as a professor at Nova Southeastern University and Ohio University of Osteopathic Medicine. He also worked as an instructor for knee and hip replacements. He is very involved in research, helping to pioneer new techniques in the field of joint replacement.
Education and Training
Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Orthopedic Surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Associate Clinical Professor, Ohio University of Osteopathic Medicine -
- Past Clinical Professor at Nova Southeastern University -
- Compass Award, Naples Community Hospital, 2012
- Patient's Choice Award, 2011-2012
- Teacher of the Year, 2004
- Doctor's Hospital Stark County (Orthopedic Surgery)
- Doctor's Hospital Stark County
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation (Joint Replacement)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Osteopathic Association, American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics, Ohio Osteopathic Association, Florida Osteopathic Medical Association
What do you attribute your success to?
Family, Being an Example for his Children, Dedication
Hobbies / Sports
- Motorcycles, Coaching Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Orthopedics Today
- Naples Community Hospitals
- North Collier Hospital
- Physicians Regional Medical Center
H. Kurtis Biggs's Practice location
Request An Appointment With H. Kurtis Biggs | Orthopedist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
H. Kurtis Biggs's reviewsWrite Review
- 10 Tips on Living with Bursitis
Bursitis is a condition that causes inflammation and pain around the joints. This can happen in the tendons, muscles, or even bones. It is brought by inflammation of the bursa. Bursa is a fluid-filled sac that acts as a cushion around your joints. Usually, when your joints are subjected to excess...
- Do You Need a Bone Density Examination?
What is a bone density examination?A bone density examination is the only examination that will diagnose osteoporosis before its signs and symptoms become visible and before any bone fractures occur. With the help of a bone density test, your doctor will know more about the density and health of...
- Treatments for Arthritis: 5 Tips on Living with Arthritis
Living with arthritis is never easy. People who are suffering from this disease will tell you that for sure. You will face constant pain in your arms, legs, your back, and joints. In a word, you will feel like your bones are falling apart. Equally important is that the pain can have a serious impact...
- What Is Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery?
Minimally invasive knee replacement surgery is a term used to describe several procedures and modifications of conventional knee replacement aimed to reduce tissue trauma. Unlike other procedures that involve a deep cut on your knee to expose the joint, the procedure's main goal is to reduce or...
- What Are the Risks of Carpal Tunnel Surgery?
Carpal tunnel surgery is a procedure done to treat carpal tunnel syndrome. The surgical procedure involves the severing of a ligament referred to as the transverse carpal ligament so that the pressure it was exerting on the median nerve gets released.The pressure exerted on the median nerve causes...
- What Is Bursitis: Get the Facts
There are conditions that we experience or live with in our life. Moreover, we tend to assume that most of them are normal or of no much importance. Some of these conditions or feelings in our bodies may later cause bigger problems and it is necessary to understand them and their sources. It is also...
- Dr. Christina A. Kabbash M.D. 1000 Asylum Ave Hartford CT 06105
- Dr. Frederick Buechel MD 6101 Pine Ridge Rd Naples FL 34119
- Dr. Herbert Morton Bertram MD 1009 Crosspointe Dr Naples FL 34110
- Dr. James John Guerra MD 1706 Medical Blvd Naples FL 34110
- Dr. Jon S Dounchis MD 130 Tamiami Trl N Naples FL 34102
- Dr. Myles Rubin Samotin M.D. 870 111th Ave N Naples FL 34108