F. Michael Cornell, MD, was inspired to become an eye surgeon following a serious eye injury in school when he was 15. He now specializes in corneal and external eye diseases, refractive surgery, and relieving patient's complications from Botox injections. Following his residency and time spent in the military with Fitzsimmons Army Medical Center, Dr. Cornell became Director of the ophthalmology residency training program, and then was updated to become the Chairman of that department. In the past, Dr. Cornell also served as Medical Director of the Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Bank, Vice-President for the Joint Commission of Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (JCAHPO) and President of the Society of Military Ophthalmologists.
Education and Training
Oklahoma School of Medicine
American Board of Ophthalmology - Ophthalmology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Chairman, Ophthalmology Department, Fitzsimmons Army Medical Center -
- Contribution Award, Joint Commission for Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology
- Fitzsimmons Army Medical Center (Ophthalmology)
- Emory University (Corneal and External Eye Diseases)
Professional Society Memberships
- Eye Bank Association of America, American Medical Association, Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, International Society of Refractive Surgeons
What do you attribute your success to?
Treating Patients as Family Members, Passion for the Medical Field
Hobbies / Sports
- Golf, Skiing, Traveling, Biking, Reading
- Providence Medical Center
- Adventist Medical Center
F. Michael Cornell's Practice location
Clackamas, Oregon 97015Get Direction
Request An Appointment With F. Michael Cornell | Ophthalmologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
F. Michael Cornell's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Side Effects of Lasik Eye Surgery?
Nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism are eye disorders that can be rectified through eye surgery, enabling you to avoid the tedium of using glasses and contact lenses to see distant objects and to read comfortably. In Lasik eye surgery, an excimer laser removes tissue from the cornea,...
- What is Eye Melanoma?
What is eye melanoma?Eye melanoma is also known as ocular melanoma. It is a type of cancer that develops in the eye, from the melanin-producing cells.Melanoma is a type of malignant cancer that develops in the melanin-producing cells all over the human body. Melanin-producing cells are known for the...
- What is Blepharitis?
What is Blepharitis?Blepharitis is the inflammation of the eyelids, usually affecting both of the eyelids where eyelashes grow.The inflammation of the eyelids is often a chronic medical condition, which is very hard to treat. Blepharitis is a condition that does not affect vision. It is also not...
- What Are Congenital Cataracts?
Cataracts can be present at birth – which is termed as congenital, and in other cases can develop later in life. Various studies have shown an estimation that one out of every 250 children will develop a cataract either prior to birth or during childhood. While the exact cause is unknown,...
- What Is HSV-1?
Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV-1)HSV-1 or herpes simplex virus type 1 is a type of herpes simplex virus that causes cold sores. It is called "oral herpes" because it often causes sores around the mouth or on the lips. Cold sores are also called as fever blisters. However, the sores can also be found...
- What Is Giant Papillary Conjunctivitis (GPC): Get the Facts
Giant papillary conjunctivitis (GPC) is also known as contact lens-induced papillary conjunctivitis (CLPC) because it is the most common symptom with people who wear contact lenses. GPC forms small nodules on the inner side of the eyelids as a result of foreign body irritation. Moreover, people who...
- Dr. Beth Edmunds MD PHD3303 Southwest Bond Avenue Portland Oregon 97239
- Dr. Gurunadh Atmaram Vemulakonda MD325 9th Ave Seattle WA 98104
- Dr. Jordon G Lubahn M.D.900 Nw 17th St Miami FL 33136
- Dr. Monika A. Malecha M.D.1115 Sw Taylor St Portland OR 97205
- Dr. Winston Douglas Chamberlain MD, PHD3375 Sw Terwilliger Blvd Portland OR 97239
- Dr. Shawn Goodman M.D.4035 Mercantile Dr Lake Oswego OR 97035