Dr. Arthur Skarin is an oncologist practicing in Boston, Massachusetts. Dr. Skarin specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Skarin manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
Education and Training
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard University Medical School -
- Millard Fillmore Teaching Hospital
- Boston City Hospital (Hematology, Oncology)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Society of Hematology, American Association for Cancer Research
Articles and Publications
- Publications in Journal of Clinical Oncology, 100 other articles, 3 books (has an Amazon Page)
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Clinical Oncology
Arthur T. Skarin's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Arthur T. Skarin | Oncologist | Medical Oncology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Arthur T. Skarin's reviewsWrite Review
- More Evidence Found that Links Alcohol Consumption and Breast Cancer
It has sometimes been recommended for women to drink a serving of alcohol today for their health. Specifically, one drink per day may help with a woman’s chances of preventing heart disease and may even help reduce the risk of diabetes.However, that one drink, be it a can of beer or glass of wine,...
- Everything You Need to Know About Immunotherapy
Immunotherapy is the process by which certain biological methods are employed to strengthen the immune system. Mostly, it is used for patients with cancer to help them prevent or beat the disease. The immune system is composed of white blood cells which work in connection with the lymph system to...
- New Treatment for Difficult-to-treat Type of Ovarian Cancer
Ovarian clear cell carcinoma is one of the most difficult forms of ovarian cancers to treat, but there may be a new approach for therapy. The potential new form of therapy was discovered by Wistar scientists and discussed in detail in the online medical journal, Nature Cell Biology.Between 5 and 10...
- “Cancer Anger” - An Explanation
Following a cancer diagnosis, it is normal to be overwhelmed with a lot of different emotions. Some individuals may feel shocked and frightened, while others may feel sad, guilty, or upset. There is no right way to feel. ...
- Pink Chair Project Celebrates Survivors of Breast Cancer
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among American women, with the exception of skin cancers. It is also the second leading cause of death among women, after lung cancer. The American Cancer Society estimates that there are over 3.1 million breast cancer survivors in the United States,...
- Can Chemotherapy Cause Death?
Chemotherapy is one of the medical treatment procedures used in dealing with tumors. It uses chemicals to fight off the cancer cells. Unfortunately these chemicals also affect other body cells and tissues. If they are not checked, severe complications might occur.But can chemotherapy really be...
- Dr. Timothy P. Cooley M.D.820 Harrison Avenue Boston Massachusetts 2118
- Nadine M. Tung330 Brookline Avenue Boston Massachusetts 2215
- Dr. Geoffrey I. Shapiro MD PHD450 Brookline Avenue Boston Massachusetts 07715
- Dr. Craig Alan Bunnell MD44 Binney St Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Karen H Antman M.D.715 Albany St Boston MA 02118
- Dr. Matthew Boland Yurgelun M.D.330 Brookline Ave Boston MA 02215