Dr. Christina Paylan is a general surgeon practicing in Tampa, Florida. Dr. Paylan specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Paylan provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
University of Southern California
American Board of Cosmetic Surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- Received the Outstanding Award for Surgical Technique from 1999-2003
- Received the Outstanding Award for Teaching from 1999-2003
- Nassau County Medical Center
- Tampa General Hospital, University of South Florida
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Cosmetic Breast Surgery, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, American Society of Liposuction Surgery, American College of Surgeons
Articles and Publications
- Co-Author in the Surgical Textbook, Modern Surgical Care, on Surgical Infection
What do you attribute your success to?
Listening to Each Patient and Treating Them with Individualized Care and Attention, Based on Their Needs
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American College of Surgeons, Cosmetic Surgery Times
- Tampa General Hospital
Christina Paylan's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Christina Paylan | Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Christina Paylan's reviewsWrite Review
- Is Appendicitis a Lifelong Condition?
What is appendicitis?Appendicitis is one of the most common causes of abdominal pain not only in the United States but in the whole world. It is said that in America alone, 5 percent of the population have experienced appendicitis at one point in their lives. In England, 1 in every 13 people had...
- Home Remedies To Help Appendicitis
Appendicitis is a serious condition that can cause severe harm to the body if not treated on time. Some of the common symptoms of appendicitis include abdominal pain, digestive upsets, nausea, vomiting and mild fever. Although there are both medicinal and surgical treatment options available to cure...
- Gastric Bypass Surgery: Can I Afford It?
Gastric bypass surgery has become a popular weight loss procedure, and can be considered the gold standard for weight loss surgeries. However, the cost of gastric bypass surgery is sky-high, and this is one of most common factors taken into consideration ahead of surgery.In the normal digestive...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- What Are the Risks of a Laparoscopy?
Laparoscopy is a surgical procedure that is done to examine various abdominal organs or female pelvic organs. The procedure is sometimes called as "diagnostic laparoscopy" or "keyhole surgery". This procedure can identify problems such as adhesion, fibroids, infections, and cysts.The procedure...
- What Is Varicose Vein Stripping?
A vein is a blood vessel that carries blood through your body. Varicose veins are one among a spectrum of chronic vein problems. It is common and can be found in up to 20% of the adult population. The severity of the condition varies and while varicose veins are responsible for significant...
- Dr. James Michael Kemmerling MD670 Cormier Rd. Green Bay WI 54304
- Dr. In soon Park MD519 Medical Oaks Ave Brandon FL 33511
- Dr. Vic Velanovich M.D.2 Tampa General Cir Tampa FL 33606
- Dr. Scott Gallagher MD3333 Silas Creek Pkwy Winston Salem NC 27103
- Dr. Quan Dinh Tran M.D.4211 Vandyke Road Lutz FL 33558
- Dr. Vijay Ferris M.D.38056 Daughtery Rd Zephyrhills FL 33540