Kurt Edward Biehl, MD, works at Kaiser Permanente in Oakland, California as a Psychiatrist and Psychosomatic Medicine Specialist. At Kaiser, Dr. Biehl specializes in neuropsychiatry; which is the branch of medicine dealing with mental disorders attributable to diseases of the nervous system. Dr. Biehl is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in Psychosomatic Medicine and Neuropsychiatry as well. As well as practicing medicine at Kaiser, Dr. Biehl is an affiliate with many local hospitals and medical centers; in his past he was Medical Director to many hospitals too. With over 20 years of experience, Dr. Biehl'spassion for what he does has resulted in a successful career.
Education and Training
University of Texas Health Science Center
U of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 1986
University of Texas At Houston / Medical School At Houston 1986
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology-Psychosomatic Medicine
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Psychosomatic Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Medical Director of In-Patient Services Psychiatric Unit at St. Luke's Hospital -
- Past Chair of the Department of Psychiatry for Alameda County Medical Center -
- In the Past was the Medical Director of Dallas County Acute Inpatient Treatment Center -
- Chief Resident at Timberlawn Psychiatric Hospital from 1989-1990
- Ginsberg Fellow through the Group for Advancement in Psychiatry from 1989-1991
- Finalist in 1984 for The William Carlos Williams Nation Poetry Competition-Placed 3rd Overall
- Timberlawn Psych Hosp, Psychiatry
- Timberlawn Psychiatric Hospital
- Baylor Hospital
What do you attribute your success to?
His Passion for the Work he Does; Which in Turn Drives him to Excel
Hobbies / Sports
- Writing and Performing Poetry, Writing Clinically Based Memoirs, Play Violin, Classical and Jazz Music, and Reading Literature
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Clinical Psychology
- Fremont Psychiatric Hospital
- Kaiser Permanente Past Acute Care Center in San Leandro
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center
Dr. Kurt Edward Biehl MD's Practice location
San Leandro, California 94573Get Direction
FREMONT, CA 94538Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Kurt Edward Biehl MD | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Kurt Edward Biehl MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Biehl
- What Is Euthymia?
IntroductionA person is often regarded as when in the longitudinal course of mood disturbances, the threshold of a disorder is not met. People with bipolar disorder may spend most of their time in the state of mania, depression, or in a mixed state, while the rest are in euthymia. Certain...
- How to Help Someone Who Has Binge Eating Disorder
A severe eating disorder, binge eating disorder is a condition in which you regularly eat abnormally large quantities of food and have no control over the urge and event.Everyone can attest to the fact that it is normal to overeat at times such as on holiday parties and special occasions. However,...
- What Is Antisocial Personality Disorder?
Antisocial Personality DisorderAntisocial personality disorder, also called sociopathy, is a type of personality disorder that is characterized by irresponsible, criminal, and impulsive behavior. A person with antisocial personality disorder is often reckless, dishonest, and manipulative with no...
- Can ADHD Occur in Adulthood?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) doesn’t just occur in children. It can also occur during adulthood. Actually, it has been estimated that about 70% of adults continue to struggle with ADHD. In other cases, adults who have never been diagnosed with ADHD during their childhood days...
- How Can I Treat Anxiety at Home?
Understanding AnxietyAnxiety attacks are difficult to control without the help of a therapist. But by learning and educating oneself about anxiety may help to prevent it. Anxiety is an excessive reaction to a stressful situation, which brings in trembling, a choking feeling, pain in the heart...
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- Dr. Vasdeep S. Kahlon M.D.662 Mowry Avenue Fremont California 94536
- Dr. Deepak K. Rao MD3100 Oak Road Walnut Creek California 94597
- Brad Gould907 San Ramon Valley Blvd. Dansville California 94526
- Dr. Sara Gandy M.D.401 Quarry Road Stanford California 94305
- Dr. Frank A. Stanton M.D.2275 Arlington Dr San Leandro CA 94578
- Dr. Janice E. Cohen M.D.Inner Sunset San Francisco CA 94122