Dr. Rebecca Okun MD
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)4640 Jefferson Lane Northeast Albuquerque New Mexico, 87109
Dr. Rebecca Okun is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Dr. Okun specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Okun can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Okun can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Georgetown University School of Medicine
Georgetown Univ Sch of Med, Washington Dc 1983
Georgetown University School of Medicine 1983
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking within her Community -
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- North American Menopause Society
What do you attribute your success to?
Love of her Job
Hobbies / Sports
- Classical singer in a local acapella group.
Dr. Rebecca Okun MD's Practice location
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87109Get Direction
Dr. Rebecca Okun MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Okun
- Painkillers Can Increase Your Risk of Miscarriages
Use of non-aspirin anti-inflammatory painkillers may increase the risk of miscarriages in women, according to a new study published in the Canadian Medical Association Journal. This new study is large with more than 52,000 pregnant women from Canada. The study results show that women who had...
- What Are Uterine Fibroids?
Uterine fibroids, or leiomyomata, are smooth muscle tumors that develop within or outside the wall of the uterus. The muscle cells start growing abnormally resulting in a fibroid, which is just a benign tumor. These fibroids are very common and almost all women might develop fibroids at one point in...
- What Causes Endometriosis? Is It Endometriosis or Just My Period?
Many women have a difficult time during their periods, and sometimes, some may confuse painful symptoms they are experiencing for simply being part and parcel of women's normal menstrual woes without suspecting that the symptoms might be due to an aggressive form of endometriosis. Endometriosis can...
- Soy Helps to Manage the Symptoms Associated with Menopause
A new study that has been published in Menopause determined that soy may help women relieve symptoms caused by menopause. Experts suggest that it is still not clear whether or not soy can have beneficial effects on the heart and bones. Researcher Wulf Utian, MD, PhD, ScD, a consultant in women's...
- What Is Ureaplasma?
Ureaplasma is a small bacterium that belongs to the class Mollicutes. This group of tiny bacteria lacks cell walls and are regarded as the smallest self-replicating and free-living cells, making them unique from other types of bacteria. Although the infection it causes can be treated using...
- Can Ovarian Cancer Affect Women of All Ages?
Ovarian cancer is the most common type of cancer (besides breast cancer) among the female population. Sometimes, ovarian cancer comes together with many other diseases, such as endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome, irregular periods, and after hormone replacement therapies.This disease is most...
- Dr. Douglas Krell MD4705 Montgomery Ne Albuquerque NM 87109
- Dr. Carrie D Swartz M.D.5150 San Francisco Rd NE Albuquerque New Mexico 87109
- Dr. Carl J Connors D.O.4640 Jefferson Ln Ne Albuquerque NM 87109
- Dr. Kristina Marie Chongsiriwatana MD4640 Jefferson Ln Ne Albuquerque NM 87109
- Dr. Nadine A Clapp M.D.5901j Wyoming Blvd Ne # 163 Albuquerque NM 87109
- Dr. Paul V Shelburne MD4705 MONTGOMERY BLVD NE ALBUQUERQUE NM 87109