Lewis Christopher Cummings, MD, FAAP, has a private practice in Lafayette, Louisiana. He also practices at Women's and Children's Hospital and Lafayette General Hospital, and has been doing so for 40 years. Dr. Cummings specializes in the treatment of pediatric and adolescent medicine, and is the author of several articles in peer reviewed medical journals. A public health lecturer, Dr. Cummings also holds a position as Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics at Louisiana State University and is alsoa Professor at Tulane University. He is well known in the Southern Louisiana pediatric circles.
Education and Training
Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
American Board of Pediatrics - Pediatrics
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Public Health, Lectures on Children's Health and Electrolytes -
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition, 2011, Vitals.com
- Patients Choice Award, 2011, Vitals.com
- Baylor College of Medicine (Pediatrics)
- Scripps Mercy Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, Louisiana State Medical Society, American Society of Pediatrics
What do you attribute your success to?
His Passion for the Profession and Perseverance
Hobbies / Sports
- Woodworking, Contemporary Pediatrics
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Medical Association
- Women and Children's Hospital
- Lafayette General Hospital
Lewis Christopher Cummings's Practice location
Lafayette, Louisiana 70503Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Lewis Christopher Cummings | Pediatrician
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Lewis Christopher Cummings's reviewsWrite Review
- Is Syphilis Curable?
Syphilis is a venereal disease caused by the bacterium Treponema pallidum. It is sexually transmitted and takes second place among the most dangerous STDs after HIV. It has four stages, among which primary and secondary are the most infectious. It is also transmitted from an infected pregnant...
- Breastfeeding Children Can Reduce Their Risk of Developing Infections
Babies who are exclusively breastfed have fewer and less severe infections, when compared to babies who are partially breastfed or not breastfed at all, according to a study published in, Archives of Disease in Childhood. This protection is regardless of the healthcare and vaccinations provided to...
- What Is Molluscum Contagiosum? Treatment and Home Remedies
Molluscum contagiosum is a contagious skin infection, which is mostly seen in children and the elderly. The infection comes with uneven bumps on the skin, which get bigger in size. The bumps are itchy and develop blisters when scratched. Sexually active adults are usually affected by this skin...
- Tips on How to Help Teens With Autism Find a Job
As your child grows into teenagehood, it is quite normal to worry about their future and career. However, with the many opportunities available for children with autism, there is really no cause for worrying. Today’s parent would rather have their child get used to normal study and work rather...
- Why Do Some Vaccines Have to Be Injected Twice?
What is active immunity?...
- Why Do the Benefits Outweigh the Risks of Circumcision?
Male circumcision has been a highly debated topic with arguments both for and against it. Various religious and traditional practices across the globe favor circumcision. However, there are also large sections of the population in other parts of the world where circumcision is not recommended by...
- Lewis C. Cummings435 Heymann Blvd Lafayette Louisiana 70503
- Dr. Rula Freiji MD6417 Pathway Ct. Chapel Hill NC 27516
- Dr. Michael Ray Melancon M.D.4650 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy Lafayette LA 70508
- Dr. Mark Dawson M.D.717 Curtis Dr Rayne LA 70578
- Dr. Bradley R Dowden M.D.601 W Saint Mary Blvd Lafayette LA 70506
- Dr. Michael Scott Rabalais M.D.4540 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy Lafayette LA 70508