Zahid Imran, MD, has a private practice in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The practice offers psychiatric services to patients of all ages; they are also one of the first offices to offer trans-magnetic stimulation in the area. This treatment is often used as a non-invasive, non-pill way to treat depression. Dr. Imran is past president and current executive director of the American Pakistani Physicians of North America. A native of Pakistan, he was also a founding member of American Pakistani Physicians for Justice and Democracy.
Education and Training
Dahalwpeur Medical College
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Community Mental Hospital; Montefiore Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association, American Pakistani Physicians of North America, American Pakistani Physicians for Justice and Democracy
What do you attribute your success to?
His Good Luck to be Trained by Excellent Teachers
Hobbies / Sports
- Social Activist
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Psychiatry
Zahid Imran's Practice location
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70808Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Zahid Imran | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Zahid Imran's reviewsWrite Review
- The Top 10 Health Threats For Men
Here is a list of the top 10 dangerous diseases men can face in their lifetime. Don't be alarmed; many of these diseases are preventable and treatable. 1. Heart attack and cardiac arrestHeart attacks are caused by a blockage of any arteries that supply blood to the heart. Arteries can get clogged...
- What Is Antisocial Personality Disorder?
Antisocial Personality DisorderAntisocial personality disorder, also called sociopathy, is a type of personality disorder that is characterized by irresponsible, criminal, and impulsive behavior. A person with antisocial personality disorder is often reckless, dishonest, and manipulative with no...
- What Are the Types of Hallucinations?
Hallucinations are when you perceive something in the absence of an external stimulus. For example, you may hear someone speaking to you even when there is no one around you within your hearing distance. Hallucinations are not just hearing things; it could be of different types. This article is...
- What Specialists Can Conduct Cognitive Behavioral Therapies?
When you are in a challenging situation that affects your behavior or thinking, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) can help you achieve peace within yourself by breaking down your situation into five different parts:...
- Signs of Depression
Typically, you may encounter feelings of sadness and these feelings normally subside over time so your normal routine can ensue. However, in some circumstances these feelings of frustration and sadness persist longer than expected, and it may affect the activities of your everyday life.The mental...
- Depression Leads to Non-Adherence of COPD Medication
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a progressive disease, which currently does not have a cure yet, as modern medicine has not found a way to reverse the damage done to the airways and lungs. For this reason, there is a slow and long-term development of debilitating symptoms. The...
- Dr. Gopinath Kongara M.D.5425 Brittany Drive Baton Rouge Louisiana 70808
- Dr. Philip Louis Cenac M.D.7850 ANSELMO LN BATON ROUGE LA 70810
- Duy Tran M.D.8585 PICARDY AVE BATON ROUGE LA 70809
- Dr. Karen D Stone M.D.1112 E Ascension Complex Blvd Gonzales LA 70737
- Dr. Stuart Samson M.D.7777 Hennessy Blvd Baton Rouge LA 70808
- Dr. Joseph Luke Palotta MD5211 Essen Lane Baton Rouge LA 70809