Heath M. Stewart, Jr., DMD, works for Midlands Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in Columbia, South Carolina. Devoted exclusively to the treatment of diseases and injury to the hard and soft tissue of the mouth, jaw, and face; usually due to some sort of trauma. In addition to teaching oral and maxillofacial surgery at the University of South Carolina, Dr. Stewart is also the President of the Southeast Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons.
Education and Training
Medical University of South Carolina
American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery)
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Adjunct Professor, University of South Carolina -
- University of Virginia Hospital (General Practice); Medical University of South Carolina (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Dental Association, South Carolina Dental Association, American Cleft Palate Cranial Facial Association,
What do you attribute your success to?
Mentors Along the Way, Perseverance
Hobbies / Sports
- Golf, Tennis, Skiing
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
- Palmetto Health Richland Memorial
- Palmetto Baptist Medical Center
Heath M. Stewart's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Heath M. Stewart | Dentist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Heath M. Stewart's reviewsWrite Review
- Are Dental Crowns Useful?
What is Dental Crowns?A dental crown, or a tooth crown, is a tooth-shaped sleeve, or cap, made of porcelain or metal, that is placed over the tooth. Crowns are utilized to restore the shape and size of a tooth. When implanted properly, the porcelain caps cover the crown of the tooth that is visible...
- Osteoporosis and Oral Health
What is Osteoporosis?Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones all over the body. It is a medical condition characterized by a weakness of the bones, due to different factors, leading to fractures of the bones due to minor trauma or no trauma at all. Major causes of osteoporosis are age,...
- Everything You Need to Know About Dental Implants
Dental implants are devices that are used to replace natural teeth. These implants are placed into the jawbone, which over the time, fuse with the natural bone and gain stability.Dental implants are recommended for patients who do not have their natural teeth. This will allow the individual to have...
- Frequent Smoking and Lack of Sleep Can Lead to Gum Disease
Studies show that smoking and lack of sleep are two factors that affect the progression of gum disease. “The study shows that other than brushing and flossing, there are lifestyle factors that may affect the dental health of a person”, says Preston D. Miller Jr., DDS, president of the American...
- Is It Safe to Go to the Dentist While Pregnant?
Pregnancy is the most precious time for any woman, as well as for her partner. However, being pregnant makes the future mother worry about her health and the subsequent health of her child. Therefore, when a need arises to go to a dentist, many pregnant women are not sure what to do. However, many...
- What is a Tooth Abscess?
A tooth abscess refers to the accumulation of pus caused by a bacterial infection at the root of the tooth or between the tooth and gum. Abscess at the tip of the root is known as periapical abscess, while those found in the gums are referred to as periodontal abscesses. Tooth abscesses should be...
- Dr. William P. Smith D.D.S. 1785 W State Rte 89A Sedona Arizona 86336
- Thomas H Pitts DMD 138 Leisure Ln Columbia SC 29210
- Dr. Lee Anderson Walker DMD 223 N Woodlake Dr Columbia SC 29229
- Dr. Gregory Joseph Wych DDS 7505 Saint Andrews Rd Irmo SC 29063
- Dr. Steven Edward Lanham DDS 2020 Laurel Street Columbia SC 29204
- Dr. Jenni M Triola DMD 131 Harbison Blvd Columbia SC 29212