Heath M. Stewart, Jr., DMD, works for Midlands Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in Columbia, South Carolina. Devoted exclusively to the treatment of diseases and injury to the hard and soft tissue of the mouth, jaw, and face; usually due to some sort of trauma. In addition to teaching oral and maxillofacial surgery at the University of South Carolina, Dr. Stewart is also the President of the Southeast Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons.
Education and Training
Medical University of South Carolina
American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery)
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Adjunct Professor, University of South Carolina -
- University of Virginia Hospital (General Practice); Medical University of South Carolina (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Dental Association, South Carolina Dental Association, American Cleft Palate Cranial Facial Association,
What do you attribute your success to?
Mentors Along the Way, Perseverance
Hobbies / Sports
- Golf, Tennis, Skiing
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
- Palmetto Health Richland Memorial
- Palmetto Baptist Medical Center
Heath M. Stewart's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Heath M. Stewart | Dentist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Heath M. Stewart's reviewsWrite Review
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- What is a Tooth Abscess?
A tooth abscess refers to the accumulation of pus caused by a bacterial infection at the root of the tooth or between the tooth and gum. Abscess at the tip of the root is known as periapical abscess, while those found in the gums are referred to as periodontal abscesses. Tooth abscesses should be...
- Are Dental Crowns Useful?
What is Dental Crowns?A dental crown, or a tooth crown, is a tooth-shaped sleeve, or cap, made of porcelain or metal, that is placed over the tooth. Crowns are utilized to restore the shape and size of a tooth. When implanted properly, the porcelain caps cover the crown of the tooth that is visible...
- What is a Yeast Infection?
Candidiasis is a type of fungal infection resulting from overgrowth of the yeast genus, Candida. The most predominant species in this genus is Candida albicans. The yeast survives in different parts of our body, including the skin, genitals, throat, and mouth. Growth of these organisms commonly...
- Is There an Ideal Teeth Whitening Product?
Normally, teeth are yellowish in color and are rarely pure white. As white teeth are a popular demand, more and more products have hit the market, claiming to whiten teeth. This includes whitening tooth-pastes, gels, rinses, strips and trays. Teeth whitening is recommended for people with healthy...
- Dealing with Lupus Mouth Sores
What is lupus? Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disorder. If you have an autoimmune disorder, your immune system mistakenly attacks the healthy cells in your body, which causes inflammation. Symptoms include extreme fatigue, hair loss, skin rashes, cognitive dysfunction, severe muscle and joint pain,...
- Dr. Karen L. Kramer DDS 6156 Saint Andrew Road Columbia South Carolina 29212
- Adam Hahn 690 Columbiana Dr Columbia SC 29212
- Dr. William P. Smith D.D.S. 1785 W State Rte 89A Sedona Arizona 86336
- Dr. Robert F. Berger D.D.S. 5251 Forest Dr Columbia SC 29206
- Thomas H Pitts DMD 138 Leisure Ln Columbia SC 29210
- Dr. Lee Anderson Walker DMD 223 N Woodlake Dr Columbia SC 29229