Richard S. Pergolizzi, Jr.
Radiologist | Body Imaging3300 Gallows Road Falls Church Virginia, 22042
Richard S. Pergolizzi, Jr., MD, works at Fairfax Radiological Consultants in Falls Church, Virginia. A Top Doctor as voted by Washingtonian Magazine in 2008 and 2010, Dr. Pergolizzi specializes in interventional radiology. Interventional radiology is an up-and-coming sub specialty that involves using imaging techniques as a diagnostic tool. Dr. Pergolizzi's articles have been published in medical journals, including animal brains in relation to humans, fistulas, and cerebral aneurysm treatment. His research trials approach similar topics, and Dr. Pergolizzi also serves others as Clinical Professor of Neurological Surgery at the George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences.
Education and Training
Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine
American Board of Radiology- Diagnostic Radiology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Associate Professor of Neurological Surgery, The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences- 2002 to Present -
- Top Doc, Washingtonian Magazine, Last Ten Years
- Top Doctor, Northern Virginia Magazine, Last Seven Years
- SUNY Health Science Center (Neuroradiology); Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham & Women?s Hospital (Interventional Neuroradiology and MRI Therapy)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Neuroradiology, American College of Radiology, Association of University Radiologists, American Roentgen Ray Society, American Heart Association, Medical Society of Virginia
Articles and Publications
- Has been published in close to 20 articles
What do you attribute your success to?
Hobbies / Sports
- Hunting, Fishing, Boating, Weight Training
Favorite professional publications
Richard S. Pergolizzi, Jr.'s Practice location
Falls Church, Virginia 22042Get Direction
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- Corey Golding MD1227 Fidler Ln Silver Spring MD 20910
- Parham Farid M.D.3800 RESERVOIR RD NW WASHINGTON DC 20007
- Greg N. Bender M.D.3801 INTERNATIONAL DR SILVER SPRING MD 20906
- Kathryn Grumbach MD8260 Willow Oaks Corporate Dr Fairfax VA 22031
- Alex O. Kladakis M.D.2141 K ST NW WASHINGTON DC 20037
- Nabila Hai900 23rd Street Northwest Washington District of Columbia 20037