The domain of clinical activity is adult medical oncology with emphasis on breast, lung and colorectal cancer. He incorporates pertinent early information in the investigational field to improve the potential of therapeutic outcome of front-line cancer treatment. The objective is to strive to improve the chance of achieving pathological /clinical complete remission and therefore increasing the odds of curative outcome. This is always done within the context of organ preservation with multimodality treatment approach incorporating limited surgery or radiochemotherapy when necessary. All of that have to be sorted out while dealing with the Human Element dictating individual variation, and nurturing the emotional need, transforming the encounter with cancer from a threatening, frightening experience to emboldening life advancing one.
Education and Training
Univ of Basra, Coll of Med, Basra, Iraq 1977
University of Basrah College of Medicine 1976
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- UT Medical School - Teaching Appointment -
- Past Medical Director of Oncology, HCA West Hoston Medical Center -
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (dvt)
- Permanent Removal Of Ingrown Toenails
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- U Tx-M D Anderson Cancer C, Medical Oncology
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Program
- Basrah University; American University of Beirut Medical Center
- American University Hospital (Medical Oncology); MD Anderson Cancer Center (Medical Oncology); University of Texas Medical School (Whole Body Hyperthermia)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society for Clinical Oncology, Southern Medical Association, North American Hyperthermia Society, Radiation Research Society, Texas Medical Association, American Medical Association, American Association for Cancer Research, Texas Society of Medical Oncology, Arab American Cancer Foundation
Articles and Publications
- 12 Published Articles, Multiple Abstracts
What do you attribute your success to?
His passion is to get rid of cancer in every situation! His journey in this field as a healer, over the last three and a half decades, makes him a witness to the remarkable progress achieved. Nevertheless, there remains a multitude of human suffering to relieve, and he believes this is possible. It is possible by daring to think out of the box, arming the mind with the fast expanding knowledge base in the field and acting on it. This can only be carried out optimally when the world of science is paved with the message of love and care towards cure.
Areas of research
Involved in Clinical Trials since 1978 on Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer and Advanced Malignancies. Also whole body hyperthermia research, genetic testing for cancer in individuals, cancer screening and prevention
Jabboury Foundation for Cancer Research, Inc.
The Foundation goals are:
- Improve public awareness of cancer impact on the community and opportunities for improvement.
- Cancer related Educational activities for the medical community.
- Clinical trials in the community.
- Genetic testing.
Hobbies / Sports
- Family Time
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine
Dr. Khaled W. Jabboury MD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Khaled W. Jabboury MD | Oncologist | Medical Oncology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Khaled W. Jabboury MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Jabboury
- Why is Ovarian Cancer Trickier to Contract Compared to Other Cancers?
Ovaries are part of the reproductive organs of a woman. They are almond-sized organs that are located deep within the abdominal cavity. Ovarian cancer is a cancer that forms in the ovaries. Due to the location of the ovaries, it is difficult to diagnose ovarian cancer in the early stages due to the...
- What is Cancer Immunotherapy?
Immunotherapy, also referred as biological therapy, is a special type of cancer treatment aimed at boosting the body's immune system to help fight cancer cells. Cancer cells don’t die normally as other cells do, and divide uncontrollably with each cell making more of itself like a copy machine...
- Does One Factor Double Death Risk from Breast Cancer?
Researchers from Sweden look to identify whether certain risk factors present an increased long-term risk of death from breast cancer. Read on to learn more.The risk of developing breast cancer increases with age, as it tends to develop in women between the ages of 50-69. However, there are also...
- Breast Cancer: A Speaker's Guide
Many people who experience a life-changing event such as cancer find they want to educate others about their experiences.Sharing experiences with others can raise awareness and can help women to feel empowered—it reminds them they are not alone.If this is true for you, you may choose to “start...
- Natural Compound in Garlic May Help Fight Ovarian Cancer
Dating all the way back to 5000 years ago, garlic has been used in food and as medicine, exhibiting nutritional and medicinal value. In fact, it was the Greek physician Hippocrates, also known as the “Father of Western Medicine”, who recommended the use of garlic for a variety of conditions and...
- Ovarian Cancer: What You Should Know About Chemotherapy
There’s no better way of putting it: Cancer sucks. The chemotherapy that people take to treat their cancers often ends up making them feel more miserable than the cancer itself was doing before treatment started. People often walk out of chemotherapy feeling broken down, miserable, and sick to...
- Dr. Julie H. Rowe M.D.6410 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77030
- Asha Murthy5315 Fenwick Way Court Sugarland Texas 77479
- Dr. Harry R. Price M. D.2130 W Holcombe Blvd Houston TX 77030
- Jacqueline S. Hart5301 Braeburn Drive Bellaire Texas 77401
- Rafael Polanco Ferrer2239 Woodland Springs Houston Texas 77077
- Dr. Windy Dean-Colomb M.D.1515 Holcombe Blvd Unit 10 Houston TX 77030