Dr. Diana Treaba M.D.
Pathologist | Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island, 02903
Diana O. Treaba, MD, is Director of Pathology at Brown University and Rhode Island Hospital in Providence, Rhode Island. She is an expert in clinical and anatomy pathology, and specializes in hematopathology; or the study of blood cells and how they become diseased. In 2005, Dr. Treaba worked with Phenopath Labs in Seattle, Washington to further investigate blood cell pathology as part of her fellowship. Dr. Treaba has been published as co-author of 6 articles in medical journals, she also serves Brown as an Assistant Professor of Pathology.
Dr. Diana Treaba M.D.'s Videos
Education and Training
University of Medicine and Pharmacy
Unicersitatea De Medicina Si F MD
Institute Of Med Pharmacy 1993
Universitatea De Medicina Si Farmacie Tirgu-Mures 1993
American Board of Pathology- Clinical and Anatomic Pathology
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Sarcoidosis and immunoglobulin lambda II light-chain amyloidosis diagnosed after orthotopic heart transplantation: a case report and review of the literature.
- Intracellular and extracellular rhomboid shaped crystalline inclusions in a case of IgG lambda restricted plasma cell myeloma: a case report and review of the literature.
- TAFRO Syndrome Associated with EBV and Successful Triple Therapy Treatment: Case Report and Review of the Literature.
- Long-Term Exposure to Imatinib Mesylate Downregulates Hippo Pathway and Activates YAP in a Model of Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia.
- Primary Cutaneous Follicle Centre Lymphoma with Hodgkin and Reed-Sternberg Like Cells: A Case Report and Review of the Literature.
- Heterozygous Hemoglobin Sherwood Forest Causing Polycythemia.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor, Brown University -
- Brown University Dean's Award, 2011-2012
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Clinical Pathologists
What do you attribute your success to?
Love for Her Work
Hobbies / Sports
- Reading, Classical Music
Favorite professional publications
- American Journal of Clinical Pathology
Dr. Diana Treaba M.D.'s Practice location
Providence, Rhode Island 02903Get Direction
Dr. Diana Treaba M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Treaba
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Holistic Treatment for Cholera
Holistic Treatment for CholeraCholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. This is a bacterium that is capable of surviving for an extremely long time, even in unpleasant environments. As a result of this factor, the bacteria can spread cholera very fast.Cholera...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Dr. Divya Sharma M.D.593 Eddy St Providence RI 02903
- Dr. Shahrzad Ehdaivand Slater MD, MPH593 Eddy St Providence RI 02903
- Dr. Joseph Sweeney M.D.593 EDDY ST PROVIDENCE RI 02903
- Dr. Dariusz Stachurski M.D.593 Eddy St Providence RI 02903
- Martin Luu Other593 Eddy St Providence RI 02903
- Dr. Katherine Teresa Sciandra M.D.593 Eddy St Providence RI 02903