Allen Gabriel, MD, FACS, works at PHMG Plastic Surgery in Vancouver, Washington with his partner, Brenda Thimmappa, MD. With a variety of plastic surgery and reconstructive surgery procedures, Dr. Gabriel is a master of his craft. He was the recipient of a Humanism in Medicine Award, which is rare amongst medical students in the United States. During his residency at Loma Linda University, he went on medical missions to Ethiopia with Operation Good Samaritan, helping those underserved with reconstructive surgical procedures.
Education and Training
University of Nevada School of Medicine
University Of Nevada School Of Medicine 2001
American Board of Plastic Surgery - Plastic Surgery
Plastic SurgeryAmerican Board of Plastic SurgeryABPS
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Humanism in Medicine Award
- Skin Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Loma Linda University
- Research Fellowships at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine in Cleveland and the University Of Nevada Medical School in Las Vegas
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons, California Society of Plastic Surgeons, American College of Surgeons
Articles and Publications
- Authored more than Three Dozen Abstracts and Chapters in Peer Reviewed Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Aesthetic Surgery Journal, Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- SW Medical Center
Dr. Allen Gabriel MD's Practice location
Vancouver, Washington 98664Get Direction
Vancouver, WA 98664Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Allen Gabriel MD | Plastic Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Allen Gabriel MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gabriel
- What Is Lipoma: Causes, Lipoma Removal, and What’s Involved?
What is a lipoma?Lipoma is the most common benign tissue tumor that occurs in almost 1 percent of the population. A lipoma consists of mature fat cells. Typically, a lipoma is enclosed by a thin fibrous capsule. Usually, lipomas develop superficially under the skin, but they can also occur anywhere...
- Gynecomastia- the Surgery for Man Boobs
What is Gynecomastia?If you are a male and if you have breast development, it is called as gynecomastia. This is a result of an imbalance in the hormones, estrogen and testosterone. Gynecomastia can affect either one or both breasts. Males going through puberty and elderly people can develop...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- How Long Will I Not Be Able to See After Undergoing Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery as it's commonly known, is performed to correct droopy upper and/or lower eyelids and under-eye bags. The surgery may be performed for functional or medical reasons. Functional blepharoplasty corrects problems related to upper eyelids that sag or droop enough to...
- What Is Laser Blepharoplasty?
Some people refer to it as the eye lid lift. Blepharoplasty is a cosmetic surgery involving the removal or spreading of muscles, skin, or fats of creepy, drooling, or dark eyelids. In case both eyelids are affected, the procedures of the upper eyelid and the lower eyelid are separately undertaken....
- Recovery from Blepharoplasty
Eyelid incisions normally take 5 to 7 days to heal and become ready for the removal of sutures. The patient can start doing usual activities again within 7 to 10 days and wear contact lenses within 14 days.Redness and bruising around the eyes can be concealed with cosmetics. It is important for...
- Dr. Richard H. Bensimon M.D. BOARD CERTIFIED140 Northwest 14th Avenue Portland Oregon 97209
- Dr. Karl O. Wustrack M.D.1830 Blankenship Road West Linn Oregon 97068
- Dr. Michael F. Bohley M.D.,P.C.10201 SE Main Street Portland OR 97216
- Dr. Richard K. Green M.D.14411 Ne 20th Ave Vancouver WA 98686
- Dr. Yale Sands Popowich M.D.1200 NW Naito Pkwy Portland OR 97209
- Dr. Elisa A Burgess MD16865 Boones Ferry Rd Lake Oswego OR 97035