Cecilia Prieto, MD, works at John Peter Smith Hospital in Forth Worth, Texas.Â She specializes in neonatology, treating infants, some of whom may be premature.Â Dr. Prieto has also been devoted to medical mission work for the last 22 years, working with Feeding the Children and E3 Missions, which are Christian ministry missions. Dr. Prieto also teaches at Baylor University Medical Center's pediatrics department.
Education and Training
Universidad Autonoma de Ciudad Juarez
Universidad AutÛnoma de Chihuahua Facultad de Medicina 1979
American Board of Pediatrics - Pediatrics
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor, Baylor University Medical Center, Pediatrics -
- Top Pediatricians, 2009-2011
- Birth Defects
- Re Thomason Hospital 1980
- R. E. Thomason Hospital; St. Joseph's Hospital
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
- Baylor University Medical Center (Neonatology)
What do you attribute your success to?
Her Work being her Calling
Hobbies / Sports
- Running, Reading
Favorite professional publications
- Seminars of Parentology
Dr. Cecilia Prieto's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Cecilia Prieto | Pediatrician
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Cecilia Prieto's reviewsWrite Review
- Tdap Vaccine for Whooping Cough
The Tdap vaccine protects the body from three diseases: tetanus, diphtheria, and whooping cough....
- Former Rock Stars Develop App to Teach Music to Children with Autism
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1 in 59 children in the United States has been diagnosed with autism. Being a complex developmental disorder, autism encompasses several impairments including persistent challenges in speech and nonverbal communication, accompanied by...
- Green Poop in Babies: When Should You Worry About It?
Baby poop is always a matter of concern for new mothers. The cause of worry can be on various factors such as the frequency of the baby's poop, its color and consistency, and concerns about your child's solid food intake.Normal Color and Consistency of Baby PoopA baby’s first poop is always black...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Facts About Autism
Autism affects both boys and girlsAutism affects one out of every 42 boys in America, and in total, 1 in 52 children in America is diagnosed with autism. As the disease is growing globally, it is important to know that treating the disease can be costly, both financially and...
- What Is Breast Milk Jaundice?
Jaundice is a very common disorder in newborns. Actually, about 60% of infants experience jaundice within the initial days after birth. It develops when there is a high level of bilirubin in the blood. Bilirubin is a yellowish pigment released when the red blood cells are broken down.Normally,...
- Dr. Norris Sheldon Payne M.D.6929 Allen Place Dr Fort Worth TX 76116
- Dr. Nusrath M. Habiba MD855 Montgomery Street Fort Worth Texas 76107
- Dr. Fernando Garcia M.D.900 W Magnolia Ave Fort Worth TX 76104
- Dr. Vuong D Dao DO3131 S Center St Arlington TX 76014
- Dr. Jason Victor Terk M.D.1601 KELLER PKWY KELLER TX 76248
- Dr. Richard A Chiarello M.D.717 N Fielder Rd Arlington TX 76012