Dr. Damaris Miranda M.D.
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)7300 Southwest 62nd Place 3rd Floor South Miami Florida, 33143
Damaris Miranda, MD, FACOG, works at South Miami OBGYN Associates in South Miami, Florida. Dr. Miranda learned from the best at the New York Presbyterian Hospital, as Chief Resident and later an Assistant Clinical Professor from 2005-2006. Joining South Miami OBGYN Associates in 2006, she enjoys serving patients in a clinical practice setting, specializing in women's healthcare. Her patients love her concerning nature, and she tries to always have open, honest communication with them.
Education and Training
Keck School of Medicine
Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California 2001
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Obstetrics and Gynecology
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Clinical Professor in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University -
- Graduated with Honors
- Nominated for the Resident Excellence in Teaching and Humanism Award, Arnold P. Gold Foundation
- Special Excellence in Endoscopic Procedures Award, The American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- Genital Warts
- New York Presbyterian-Columbia
- Columbia University
- Columbia University Medical Center/ New York Presbyterian Hospital (OBGYN)
What do you attribute your success to?
Open and Honest Communication with her Patients, Genuine Concern for her Patient's Well Being
Hobbies / Sports
- Traveling, Spending Time with Family
Favorite professional publications
- The Green Journal
Dr. Damaris Miranda M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Damaris Miranda M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Miranda
- What Is Syphilis All About?
Sexually transmitted infections are one of the worst forms of infections transmitted from one person to another during sexual contact. There are various ways through which the infection can spread from one person to another, including vaginal sex, oral and anal sex. Sexually transmitted infections...
- Hysterectomy: What to Expect During Your Recovery
Though a hysterectomy is categorized as a major operation, more women are going under the knife for it than before, and this is mainly due to less intrusive surgical procedures that lower the pain involved, shorten surgical scars, and speed up recovery.In abdominal surgery, a T-shaped surgical...
- Can Menopause Lead to Rheumatoid Arthritis?
Menopause is part of being a woman; there’s no getting out of it. Unfortunately, along with all the inconvenient and frustrating symptoms of menopause, there may also be a risk of developing certain chronic inflammatory disorders – most notably, rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Women of any age know...
- What to Expect During the Second Trimester of Pregnancy
When a woman gets pregnant, there are numerous physical changes that occur in her body. These changes are essential to support fetal development and prepare the body for labor.Most women consider the second trimester as the easiest months during pregnancy. This is their favorite time of their...
- Diabetes and High Blood Pressure Developed During Pregnancy Can Lead to Heart Disease
According to a new study published in Circulation: Journal of the American Heart Association, diabetes and high blood pressure during pregnancy may help to predict the risk of heart disease during early, middle-aged women. In this study, researchers analyzed data from more than 3,400 pregnant women...
- A Link Between Celiac Disease and Infertility
A confusing connection – celiac disease and infertilityHere are some stories about moms who experienced infertility linked to celiac disease.Lindsey Reimer became pregnant in 2013, however, in 2010 she was diagnosed with celiac disease. Seventeen weeks after becoming pregnant, she lost her baby...
- Dr. James Neal Esserman M.D.7867 N KENDALL DR MIAMI FL 33156
- Dr. Albert Starikov D.O.1108 Kane Concourse Bay Harbor Islands Florida 33154
- Dr. Pierre R. Limousin MD8950 N Kendall Dr Miami FL 33176
- Mr. Daniel Levin MD, FACOG12550 Biscayne Blvd North Miami Florida 33181
- Dr. Beatrice Renee Hecker MD8955 SW 87th Ct Miami FL 33176
- Dr. Yarini Quezada M.D.9526 NE 2nd Ave Miami FL 33138