Dr. Damaris Miranda M.D.
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)7300 Southwest 62nd Place 3rd Floor South Miami Florida, 33143
Damaris Miranda, MD, FACOG, works at South Miami OBGYN Associates in South Miami, Florida. Dr. Miranda learned from the best at the New York Presbyterian Hospital, as Chief Resident and later an Assistant Clinical Professor from 2005-2006. Joining South Miami OBGYN Associates in 2006, she enjoys serving patients in a clinical practice setting, specializing in women's healthcare. Her patients love her concerning nature, and she tries to always have open, honest communication with them.
Education and Training
Keck School of Medicine
Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California 2001
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Obstetrics and Gynecology
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Clinical Professor in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University -
- Graduated with Honors
- Nominated for the Resident Excellence in Teaching and Humanism Award, Arnold P. Gold Foundation
- Special Excellence in Endoscopic Procedures Award, The American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- Genital Warts
- New York Presbyterian-Columbia
- Columbia University
- Columbia University Medical Center/ New York Presbyterian Hospital (OBGYN)
What do you attribute your success to?
Open and Honest Communication with her Patients, Genuine Concern for her Patient's Well Being
Hobbies / Sports
- Traveling, Spending Time with Family
Favorite professional publications
- The Green Journal
- South Miami Hospital
- Baptist Hospital Systems
Dr. Damaris Miranda M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Damaris Miranda M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Miranda
- What to Expect after a Bariatric Surgery
Bariatric surgery helps to reduce weight. Most of the people who underwent this surgery say that they do not regret having it and that it has quite a number of advantages. There are few things to expect after this surgery. 1. The Recovery PeriodThe period of recovery depends on the type of...
- Innovative New Technique Improves Breast Cancer Diagnosis
Despite only using a conventional optical microscope, researchers have found a way to see farther and more detailed into what they are studying. This is by using expansion microscopy, expanding the size of what they are observing, instead of intensifying the microscope at a high cost. This technique...
- Everything You Need to Know About Vaginal Thrush
Vaginal thrush is a common condition among women and is caused by a yeast infection. It may be uncomfortable and unpleasant at times, but is treatable with medication available in pharmacies. However, there have been cases where treatment was difficult and in some women, the infection kept coming...
- What Are the Treatments for Fibroids?
In most cases, fibroids will not show clear symptoms. However, if you suspect that you have fibroids, go and see your doctor immediately. He/she will recommend the best treatment option to counter your fibroids. Before administering any treatment, your doctor will consider the following things:...
- What Are The Causes of Miscarriages?
Spontaneous end of pregnancy before the fetus reaches its 20th week of growth is known as a miscarriage. It is also referred to as spontaneous abortion caused by natural events. Studies show that about 15% of the reported pregnancies lead to miscarriages, and most of them are within the first...
- New Cancer Drug in the UK Has Begun Clinical Trials for Advanced Cancer Patients
People with advanced tumors are often at the very end of a line of treatment options. Despite the many advances we have today in technology and modern medicine, cancer’s puzzle has not yet been solved. Many of these patients’ last days are filled with pain as they spend their last moments...
- Dr. James Neal Esserman M.D.8950 SW 74th Ct Kendall Florida 33156
- Dr. Albert Starikov D.O.1108 Kane Concourse Bay Harbor Islands Florida 33154
- Dr. Pierre R. Limousin MD8950 N Kendall Dr Miami FL 33176
- Mr. Daniel Levin MD, FACOG12550 Biscayne Blvd North Miami Florida 33181
- Dr. Beatrice Renee Hecker MD8955 SW 87th Ct Miami FL 33176
- Dr. Alberto Dominguez-Bali MD777 East 25th Street Hialeah Florida 33013