Dr. Amit Patel is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in Salt Lake City, Utah. Dr. Patel specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Patel typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
Education and Training
Case Western Reserve University
American Board of Thoracic Surgery- Thoracic Surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Associate professor in the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery at the University of Utah School of Medicine -
- Director of Clinical Regenerative Medicine and Tissue Engineering at the University of Utah -
- Baylor University Medical Center
Professional Society Memberships
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons
Articles and Publications
- 80 Articles, 15 Book chapters, 3 books
What do you attribute your success to?
Hard Work, Luck
Areas of research
Studies in autologous stem cell therapy- researching the effects of stem cell transplantation in treating cardiomyopathy, limb ischemia(inadequate blood flow to the leg), and skin graft regeneration following burn injuries
Hobbies / Sports
Dr. Amit Patel MD's Practice location
Salt Lake City, Utah 84132Get Direction
MIAMI, FL 33125Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Amit Patel MD | Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Amit Patel MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Patel
- Are There Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Heart?
It is a well-known fact that in the body, in various tissues due to various reasons, neoplasms sometimes appear in the form of tumor growths. The heart is not an exception. The tumor growth can be benign and malignant. Therefore, there are two types of the heart tumors.Benign tumors These do not...
- Congestive Heart Failure: What is Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)?
Congestive Heart Failure is the leading cause of emergency hospitalization among people aged over sixty. It is a condition where the heart is inefficient in pumping the required amount of blood to the other parts of the body. This inefficiency can sometimes be so severe that it can impair the...
- Atypical Forms of Myocardial Infarction
Atypical myocardial infarction often occurs in older patients with a pronounced cardiosclerosis, circulatory failure, and often with people who have a history of heart attacks.The symptoms may confuse you, or make you think that they are not associated with the heart.Usually, atypical manifestations...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Alternative Remedies to Treat Cardiovascular Diseases
Herbal Treatment of the heart has been used by mankind for centuries and has shown an excellent effect. Especially effective was the use of medicinal plants in the case of chronic diseases, such as atherosclerosis and hypertension, where treatment involves a particular duration and a comprehensive...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Dr. Michael P Collins MD5169 S COTTONWOOD ST SALT LAKE CITY UT 84107
- Dr. Stephen Eugene Clayson MD324 10th Ave Salt Lake City UT 84103
- Dr. Rafe C Connors MD30 N 1900 E Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. Bruce Bennett Reid MD324 10th Ave Salt Lake City UT 84103
- Dr. Aditya K Kaza MD100 Mario Capecchi Dr Salt Lake City UT 84113
- Dr. David Gordon Affleck MD1160 E 3900 S Salt Lake City UT 84124