Dr. Alec Eshelman is a psychologist practicing in CARBONDALE, IL. Dr. Eshelman specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Eshelman evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Eshelman because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Alec Eshelman PH.D.'s Practice location
CARBONDALE, IL 62901Get Direction
Dr. Alec Eshelman PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Medications Help in Treating Eating Disorders?
According to statistics, binge eating disorder is very common among young adults in the United States in comparison to anorexia and bulimia. In the last couple years, it has been treated as real medical disorder. According to the Youth Risk Behavior survey that was conducted in 2001, 35 percent of...
- Binge Eating Disorder: Get the Facts
Individuals suffering from binge eating disorder (B.E.D) often eat excessively. They are not able to control the intake of food when the binges kick in. People with this disorder are distinct from bulimia and anorexia victims in that the former don’t vomit, eat little quantities of particular...
- Can Robots Help Children with Autism in Ways that Humans Can't?
Kids love robots. They are mesmerized by their ability to be human-like, yet machine-like. Maybe they like them because they are like a toy come to life. They are somehow able to ‘think,’ react and move independently. Without technical knowledge an adult would have, kids are able to imagine them...
- How to Help Your Child with ASD Socially Excel at School
Just because social challenges like communication impairment are one of the indications of autism, it does not imply that they are normal for children on the spectrum. Considering that, some parents experience challenges getting their kids to do such simple things as putting on winter clothes,...
- Depression and Sex: How Depression Can Affect Your Sex Life
Maslow’s theory of needs describes sex as one of the basic requirements of human beings. The feelings of pleasure and contentment experienced during sex are rooted in the brain. Contrary to popular belief, our brain is the primary sex organ. When an individual indulges in sexual activity, our sex...
- Why Do Hallucinations Happen?
IntroductionHallucinations are sensations that people perceive as real, but in reality, are only created by their mind. A person's five senses are often affected. Examples are hearing voices without anyone around or seeing images that are not real. Such symptoms are may due to mental illnesses, drug...
- Dr. David J Warshauer PHD204 South Street Anna IL 62906
- Dr. Gail Peterson PH.D.3200 Fishback Rd Carbondale IL 62901
- Melinda Luanne Bloos Other3200 Fishback Rd Carbondale IL 62901
- Dr. Saul Howard Chapman PH.D.3200 Fishback Road Carbondale IL 62901
- Dr. Jacquelyn Ann Pickar-muniz PSY.D.202. S. Pershing St. Energy IL 62933
- Dr. Michael E May PH.D., BCBA208 Breeze St Carterville IL 62918