Dobri Kiprov, MD, HP, owns his immunology practice based out of San Francisco, California. Dr. Kiprov specializes in Pathology, therapeutic Apheresis, and Hemapheresis, which is the separation of whole blood into its major components and removal of the abnormal, pathogenic component. Dr. Kiprov is recognized world-wide as a pioneer and a leading expert in the field of Hemapharesis and Therapeutic Apheresis. He is the first physician to take and pass the Hemapheresis Practitioner Exam, first recognition of distinctive anti-lymphocyte factors in sera form patients with HIV infection, and the first recognition that plasmapheresis affects not only the humoral but also the cellular immune system; to name a few. Dr. Kiprov is Chief of the Division of Immunotherapy at California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco, California and Medical Director of Apheresis Care Group as well. Dr. Kiprov is board certified in Pathology and Hemapharesis, and has changed the world of immunology and apheresis with his research and publications. He has been recognized for all of his achievements in 2007 with the Presidential Award and in 2011 with the Lecture Award from the American Society for Apheresis.
Education and Training
Sophia Institute of Medical & Science
Med University Of Sofia MD
Board Certified in Pathology and Hemapheresis
- Letter: Inversion of Meckel diverticulum.
- Adverse reactions associated with mobile therapeutic apheresis: analysis of 17,940 procedures.
- Therapeutic apheresis delivery systems in the US.
- Exclusive therapeutic apheresis delivery system.
- Plasmapheresis in immunologically mediated polyneuropathies.
- Role of plasmapheresis in acute disseminated (postinfectious) encephalomyelitis.
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura complicating systemic lupus erythematosus. Case report and literature review from the plasmapheresis era.
- Mononeuritis multiplex associated with cryoglobulinemia in HIV infection.
- Delivery of therapeutic apheresis services in the United States.
- Severe post-partum eclampsia: response to plasma exchange.
- Impact of the HIV epidemic on therapeutic apheresis: nursing considerations.
- Protein A immunoadsorption: immunomodulatory effects.
- Extraneural manifestations of chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy.
- Intermittent heterochronic plasma exchange as a modality for delaying cellular senescence-a hypothesis.
- Antilymphocyte antibodies and seropositivity for retroviruses in groups at high risk for AIDS.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- National and International Public Speaking -
- Presidential Award, 2007
- Lecture Award from the American Society for Apheresis, 2011
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, California Medical Association, Selective Functional Movement Assessment, American Society for Apheresis, American Association of Blood Banks, American Society of Nephrology, New York Academy of Sciences, American Association for the Advancement of Science
Articles and Publications
- Has been Published
What do you attribute your success to?
Hard Work, Determination, Perseverence
Hobbies / Sports
- Skiing, Wind Surfing, Paddle Surfing
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Clinical Apheresis, Lancet Journal, New England Journal of Medicine
Dr. Dobri Kiprov MD., P.C.'s Practice location
San Francisco, California 94109Get Direction
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94115Get Direction
San Francisco, CA 94115Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Dobri Kiprov MD., P.C. | Allergist and Immunologist | Clinical & Laboratory Immunology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Dobri Kiprov MD., P.C.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kiprov
- What Are Histamine Blockers and How Do They Work?
What are histamine blockers?Histamine blockers also called as antihistamines are medications that block or reduce histamine to stop the symptoms of allergy. Histamine is a chemical that is released by a type of white blood cell called mast cell in response to allergies or injuries. The cells that...
- What Is Loratadine: Uses, Dosage, and Side Effects
Generic Name: LoratadineBrand Name(s): Alavert, Tavist ND, Dimetapp ND, Claritin RediTabsWhat is loratadine?Loratadine is an antihistamine that blocks the action of histamine, which is a chemical released by mast cells in response to an allergen. When histamine is released, it causes symptoms of...
- Reasons Why You Need Immunotherapy
What is immunotherapy?Immunotherapy is a type of cancer treatment that is categorized under biological therapy or treatment. It involves the use of living tissues or cells to improve your body’s defense system (the immune system) to help fight cancer.How does immunotherapy work?Immunotherapy is...
- What Are the Symptoms and Treatment Options for a Nickel Allergy?
A nickel allergy, or jewelry allergy, is the most common form of contact dermatitis associated with the use of earrings and other jewelry. Nickel is found in many items, including accessories, like necklaces and bangles, coins, zippers, watch straps, hair pins, and frames. This skin allergy affects...
- Can Eczema Be Treated with Over-the-Counter Medications?
What is eczema?Eczema is a condition that affects the skin. Its typical symptoms include a rough inflamed skin with fluid-filled blisters that are itchy. Eczema most often affects the areas of the neck, inner elbows, behind the knees, the wrists, ankles, and the creases between the buttocks. The...
- Causes and Treatment of a Persistent Cough
What is a persistent cough?It can be annoying to have a cough that lasts for more than a couple of weeks. A cough is considered chronic or persistent if it does not go away after four weeks in children and eight weeks in adults. However, most persistent coughs are due to colds, flu, infection, or...
- William H. Chau2710 Telegraph Ave Oakland CA 94612
- Mr. Steven B Machtinger MD100 South Ellsworth Avenue San Mateo CA 94401
- Dr. Dean G. Kardassakis MD275 W MACARTHUR OAKLAND CA 94611
- Dr. Andrew Cherner Engler MD290 Baldwin Ave San Mateo CA 94401
- Dr. June Y Zhang MD290 Baldwin Ave San Mateo CA 94401
- Dr. Lynn E. Spitler MD450 Stanyan St San Francisco CA 94117