Shadley C. Schiffern, MD, works at OrthoCarolina in Charlotte, North Carolina. OrthoCarolina is a specialty orthopedic clinic made up of specialized orthopedic surgeons and their assistants. Dr. Schiffern is a shoulder and elbow surgery and reconstruction expert, who is also part of the Lift shoulder replacement program. He has been published in journals including Arthroscopy, the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, and Arthroscopy among others. Dr. Schiffern is also a clinical instructor for the fellowship program of orthopedic sports medicine at Carolinas Medical Center.
Education and Training
University of Washington School of Medicine
University of Washington School of Medicine 2000
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Orthopedic Surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Instructor, Fellowship Orthopedic Sports Medicine Program, Carolinas Medical Center -
- Neck Pain
- Frozen Shoulder
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Tennis Elbow
- Univ Of Ut Med Ctr, Orthopedic Surgery
- University of Utah (Orthopedics)
- W.B. Carrell Memorial Clinic (Shoulder and Elbow)
Professional Society Memberships
- North Carolina Orthopedic Association, Southern Orthopaedic Association
What do you attribute your success to?
His Parents' Influence
Hobbies / Sports
- Outdoor Activities, Family Time
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
Dr. Shadley Schiffern MD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Shadley Schiffern MD | Orthopedist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Shadley Schiffern MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Risks of Carpal Tunnel Surgery?
Carpal tunnel surgery is a procedure done to treat carpal tunnel syndrome. The surgical procedure involves the severing of a ligament referred to as the transverse carpal ligament so that the pressure it was exerting on the median nerve gets released.The pressure exerted on the median nerve causes...
- What Specialists Treat Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is sometimes described as "bone thinning". It’s a disease wherein the bone’s density and quality are severely reduced. As an individual’s bones become more permeable and fragile, the susceptibility to fracture is immensely increased. Bone loss occurs silently and progressively....
- Levator Scapulae Muscle: Function, Trigger Points, and Anatomy
Levator Scapulae MuscleThe levator scapulae is a long muscle, which is located at the back and side of the neck. It is known to end at the top of the shoulder. Its Latin name indicates its function of lifting the scapula. Regardless of muscular development, this long muscle is difficult to see. It...
- Why Lateral Epicondylitis is Called Tennis Elbow
Lateral epicondylitis is a condition of the arms that creates pain around the elbow joints. The condition may be a result of a number of causes, but it is typically from overuse of the elbow. However, it may take some time before lateral epicondylitis starts showing intense pain; it may be up to one...
- What To Expect After Carpal Tunnel Surgery
What is carpal tunnel surgery?Carpal tunnel surgery is a surgery that is performed on the hand to correct any problems that you may have with your carpal tunnels. The surgery can be performed as an open surgery or the doctor can use a less invasive approach.There are so many things and changes that...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- Dr. Neil P. Sheth MD2001 Vail Ave Charlotte NC 28207
- Dr. R. Glenn Gaston M.D.1915 Randolph Rd Charlotte NC 28207
- Dr. Robert Sproul MD2001 VAIL AVE CHARLOTTE NC 28207
- Dr. John Kent Ellington MD, MS2001 Vail Ave Charlotte NC 28207
- Dr. Bryan Jeffrey Loeffler MD1915 Randolph Rd Charlotte NC 28207
- Dr. Steven Byron Sanford M.D.2711 Randolph Rd Charlotte NC 28207