Carlos E. Marroquin
SurgeonFletcher House 301 111 Colchester Avenu Burlington Vermont, 05401
Dr. Carlos Marroquin is a general surgeon practicing in Burlington, Vermont. Dr. Marroquin specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Marroquin provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
UCLA Medical School David Geffen School of Medicine
American Board of Surgery- General Surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor, Department of Transplant Surgery -
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Mother of Pearls Award for Excellence in Medical Student Education, Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Distinguished Service Award, Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Georgetown University Hospital
- National Cancer Institute; Duke University (Abdominal Transplant Surgery)
Professional Society Memberships
- Society of University Surgeons, American Hepatopancreatobiliary Association, Association for Academic Surgery, American Society of Transplantation, American Medical Association, Society for Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
What do you attribute your success to?
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- American Journal of Transplantation
Carlos E. Marroquin's Practice location
Burlington, Vermont 05401Get Direction
- How Is Liver Cancer Diagnosed?
How is Liver Cancer Diagnosed?Liver cancer is a common type of cancer which begins in the liver cells, or hepatocytes. Liver cancer is a cancer which affects one of the largest and most important organs of the body. Liver cancer is type of cancer which, when diagnosed at early stages, can be...
- 5 Ways to Stay Comfortable After a Gallbladder Surgery
Gallbladder SurgeryGallbladder removal surgery is one of the most commonly performed surgeries. The procedure is also known as a cholecystectomy. Gallbladder surgery is usually performed to solve problems that are associated with gallstones. Gallstones are hardened deposits of the digestive fluid...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- What Are the Treatment Options for Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, which is a tube-like organ that extends from the large intestine. According to theories, the appendix is a specialized organ that is capable of producing antibodies. However, experts suggest that the appendix has no definite function in the human...
- Gastric Bypass Surgery: The Potential Complications
A gastric bypass surgery is done to achieve weight loss, especially in individuals who are obese and overweight. This type of major abdominal surgery alters the stomach and intestines to limit a person's food intake.Annually, there are more than 200,000 Americans who undergo gastric bypass surgery....
- What Are the Risks of a Laparoscopy?
Laparoscopy is a surgical procedure that is done to examine various abdominal organs or female pelvic organs. The procedure is sometimes called as "diagnostic laparoscopy" or "keyhole surgery". This procedure can identify problems such as adhesion, fibroids, infections, and cysts.The procedure...
- Dr. Peter Anthony Cataldo MD111 Colchester Ave Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Michelle Marie Sowden DO89 Beaumont Ave Burlington VT 05405
- Dr. Edward Christopher Borrazzo MD111 Colchester Ave Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. James Charles Hebert MD111 Colchester Ave Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Arnold Daniel Chung MD111 Colchester Ave Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Jaime Pineda MD111 COLCHESTER AVE. BURLINGTON VT 05401