Dr. Azfar Malik is a psychiatrist practicing in St. Charles, Missouri. Dr. Malik is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Malik diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Malik may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Malik treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Dow Medical College
Karachi Medical and Dental College
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Geriatric Psychiatry
Dr. Azfar Malik M.D.'s Expert Contributions
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- National and International Public Speaking -
- Bipolar Disorder
- Opiate Dependence
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Johns Hopkins University/Bayview Medical Center Program
- St. Louis University
- St. Luke's Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association, American Medical Association, Missouri State Medical Association, St. Louis Metropolitan Medical Society
What do you attribute your success to?
His Passion to Take Care of his Patients and Devotion to Behavioral Health
Hobbies / Sports
- Golfing, Traveling
Favorite professional publications
- American Psychiatric News, Journal of American Medical Association
- St. John's Mercy Hospital
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital
Dr. Azfar Malik M.D.'s Practice location
St. Charles, Missouri 63304Get Direction
SAINT LOUIS, MO 63141Get Direction
Saint Louis, MO 63141Get Direction
Saint Louis, MO 63141Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Azfar Malik M.D. | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Azfar Malik M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Malik
- Depakote Drug Interactions: What to Avoid
Drug interactionWhen a substance affects the effectiveness of another drug due to their combined use, it is known as a drug interaction. The interaction can be either an increase or decrease in the effect of the drug, or it may cause an entirely new effect. Generally, interaction takes place between...
- Everything You Need to Know About Anxiety Disorder
It’s quite normal to feel nervous and have butterflies in your stomach before going to a job interview, a blind date or making an important decision. This anxiousness is body’s natural response to stress and danger. It is an automatic alarm that rings when you feel threatened, under pressure, or...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Autism in Adults
The vast majority of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) will eventually grow up to be adults with ASD. So, what happens when someone with ASD or Asperger’s syndrome grows up, leaves school, and makes a transition to adult life? You will have to consider registering for college, applying...
- What Is Sertraline
Sertraline, also known as Zoloft in brand form, is an antidepressant that belongs to the group of drugs known as Select Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs). Sertraline is the oral form of the drug and is usually prescribed by a doctor. Being a generic drug, sertraline is cheaper than its brand...
- What Are Hallucinations?
In psychiatry, hallucinations are defined as a perception experienced in the absence of an external stimulus to the corresponding sense organ. In simple terms, hallucinations are when people see, hear, feel, smell, or taste things that really don’t exist outside of their minds. For a...
- Dr. Vadim Y. Baram MD12 Tristan Terrace St. Charles Missouri 63303
- Dr. Thomas Michael Moran MD889 South Brentwood Blvd. St. Louis Missouri 63105
- Dr. Radhika Rao MD443 North New Ballas Road Creve Coeur Missouri 63141
- Dr. Kulsoom F. Junaid M.D.777 Craig Road Creve Coeur Missouri 63141
- Dr. Julio Morales M.D.8820 Ladue Road St. Louis Missouri 63124
- Dr. Shankararao N Rao M.D.942 Town and country Estates Court St. Louis Missouri 63141