Charles T. Porter, Jr., MD, works at San Marcos Anesthesiology in San Marcos, Texas. With a special interest in outpatient surgery, Dr. Porter practiced with the United States Navy until 1989, including a tour in Vietnam. Upon leaving, he realized he wanted to help civilians through medicine. Practicing at San Marcos and at the Central Texas Medical Center, Dr. Porter serves patients of all ages with pain management techniques.
Education and Training
Medical University of South Carolina
American Board of Anesthesiology - Anesthesiology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Grand Rounds -
- Outstanding Resident, US Naval Hospital San Diego
- US Naval Hospital San Diego (Anesthesiology)
- US Naval Hospital San Diego
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Anesthesiology, Texas Society of Anesthesiology, Texas Medical Association, International Anesthesia Research Society
Articles and Publications
- An article on regional anesthesia in children
What do you attribute your success to?
Having served in Vietnam, he wanted to help people through medicine.
Hobbies / Sports
- Photography, Motorcycles
Favorite professional publications
- Anesthesia and Analgesia
- Central Texas Medical Center
Charles T. Porter's Practice location
New Braunfels, Texas 78132Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Charles T. Porter | Anesthesiologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Charles T. Porter's reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes Nausea: An Overview of the Most Common Conditions
Nausea is a term which describes a sick stomach and the feeling of wanting to vomit. It can be a sign to vomit the contents of the stomach. Nausea is a symptom, not a disease. It is caused by many diseases but can often be prevented. Almost all people experience nausea at some point, which makes it...
- Are Wrinkle Fillers Effective?
Wrinkle fillers are one of the most popular alternatives to expensive facelifts. Wrinkle filler procedures only last about 30 minutes. Once the procedure is complete, an individual will be left with a fresh look that can last for months. Just think, you can get rid of those crows feet and that...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Stewart Z Zweikoft MD1 Hospital Dr Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. Cynthia V Kruger M.D.1901 Sw H K Dodgen Loop Temple TX 76502
- Dr. Dolores S. Major M.D.1215 E Court St Seguin TX 78155
- Dr. Omair Hafeez Toor D.O.601A Leah Avenue San Marcos TX 78666
- Dr. Matthew Gerald Thorson MD601A Leah Avenue San Marcos TX 78666
- Dr. Michael P Wenzel M.D.1215 E Court St Seguin TX 78155