Dr. Shannon Simmons is a gastroenterologist practicing in PROVIDENCE, RI. Dr. Simmons specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Simmons performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Shannon Simmons's Practice location
PROVIDENCE, RI 02903Get Direction
Shannon Simmons's reviewsWrite Review
- What Does Dark Stool Mean?
A dark stool refers to a stool that is either black or dark red in color. You may pass dark bowel movements after consuming dark-colored foods or when an injury or bleeding is present in your gastrointestinal tract. If you pass dark or bloody stools, see your doctor immediately to rule out serious...
- New Research May Find a Breakthrough in Celiac Disease
The organization, Beyond Celiac, states that about one in 100 Americans have celiac disease and their quality of life is negatively affected. There is hope on the horizon; however, a partnership between an industrial pharmaceutical company and a university lab has potentially found a promising help...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Celiac Disease
Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder triggered by gluten exposure. Gluten is a protein found in barley, rye, and wheat. The disease is sometimes called as celiac sprue, which results in the inflammation of the small intestine. When a person has celiac disease, consuming anything that contains...
- Diarrhea: The Top 10 Questions
Is diarrhea a sign of early pregnancy?Diarrhea is a very common sign of early pregnancy. Every woman is different and so are her experiences of pregnancy. Not every woman experiences the same symptoms. Hence, diarrhea is also not a symptom that every pregnant woman experiences, although it’s quite...
- Research Suggests Broccoli Could Benefit Crohn's Disease
There is a common myth that an individual’s diet can cause Crohn’s disease. This rumor is popular because on the surface it seems to make sense: Diet is often the culprit when it comes to stomach-related illness. However, medical research has proven that a person’s diet will not cause them to...
- Types of Hernias and Does a Hernia Always Require Surgery?
A hernia is a common condition that is experienced by a number of people. Although the name makes it sound complex, in reality, it is a condition that can often be treated using some simple measures.What do you mean by hernia?A hernia is a medical condition wherein one part of the body pushes itself...
- Dr. Nnenna C. Okpara M.D.100 Dudley St Providence RI 02905
- Dr. Steven Benjamin Kirschner M.D.1637 Mineral Spring Ave Providence RI 02904
- Dr. Jay A Sorgman M.D.148 W River St Providence RI 02904
- Dr. Brett David Kalmowitz MD44 W River St Providence RI 02904
- Dr. William T. Chen M.D.33 Staniford St Providence RI 02905
- Dr. Kurt A Slye M.D.35 Summer St Taunton MA 02780