Dr. Michael Wehmann is an ophthalmologist practicing in FORT THOMAS, KY. Dr. Wehmann specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Wehmann can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Wehmann can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine 2010
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Corneal Ulcer
- Summa Health System/NEOMED Program
Dr. Michael Steven Wehmann M.D.'s Practice location
FORT THOMAS, KY 41075Get Direction
Florence, KY 41042Get Direction
Dr. Michael Steven Wehmann M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Glaucoma?
Glaucoma is a group of conditions that leads to the impairment of the optic nerve that carries information from the eyes to the brain. It is a progressive condition, which, if not treated, may lead to complete loss of vision. The most common cause of this damage is the increase in the pressure...
- Diagnosing Cataracts: What You Need To Know
What are cataracts?When the lens located inside the human eye gets cloudy, it is called a cataract. A cataract in Latin means waterfall, thus describing what your vision with cataract is like; seeing through a waterfall. A cataract occurs as a result of the inability of the lens to allow sufficient...
- What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of LASIK Eye Surgery?
LASIK, or laser in situ keratomileusis, is a very popular surgical procedure to correct and improve vision, and reduces an individual's dependence on contact lenses and glasses. It is a very common refractive surgical procedure to correct different types of vision issues, including nearsightedness,...
- Cataract Surgery: What is an Intraocular Lens?
When the eye’s natural lenses are removed during cataract surgery, they are replaced by artificial lenses known as intraocular lenses (IOLs). They are also used to correct a patient’s vision during a surgical procedure known as refractive lens exchange.Intraocular lenses are FDA-approved and...
- How to Get Rid of a Stye: 17 Home Remedies and Treatments
What is a stye?A stye occurs when a particular strain of bacteria affects the oil gland of the eyelid. It becomes infected and causes inflammation, redness, as well as pain on the eyelid and its surrounding tissues. A stye is an inflamed swelling or circumscribed abscess. It can be treated with...
- Signs and Symptoms of Conjunctivitis
There are many causes of conjunctivitis such as:...
- Abbot Gregory Spaulding7815 Beechmont Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45255
- Dr. William Michael Gaynier D.O10129 Springbeauty Ln Cincinnati OH 45231
- Dr. Philip J Poon M.D.1577b Goodman Ave Cincinnati OH 45224
- Dr. Hisham H Arar MD4760 Red Bank Rd Cincinnati OH 45227
- Dr. William J Faulkner MD1945 Cei Dr Cincinnati OH 45242
- Dr. Michael R Petersen MD1945 Cei Drive Cincinnati OH 45242