Zia U. Khan, MD, FACC, FSCAI, works at Desert Cardiovascular Consultants in Las Vegas, Nevada as an Interventional Cardiologist. Dr. Khan has had an extensive education in cardiology, resulting in certification from the American Board of Internal Medicine withtriple sub-specialty certifications in internal medicine, cardiology and interventional cardiology. Dr. Khan participates in national public speaking and has worked with the Saint Therese Center throughout his career. For all of his achievements he has been honored with the Man of the Year Award in 2007, amongst other accolades; such as Fellow of the American College of Cardiology. Dr. Khan is a cultured doctor who loves to teach and motivate young people to be the best they can be.
Education and Training
University of Cincinnati School of Med MD 1990
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 1997
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional, and National Public Speaking -
- Man of the Year Award in 2007 from Catholic Charities of Nevada
- Best Teacher Award in 1995 from the University of Cincinnati
- Top Doc 2016 Vegas Inc
- Top Doc 2017 My Vegas
- University of Cincinnati Affiliated Hospitals 1990
- University of Cincinnati Med Ctr / Cincinnati, OH, Cardiovasc Diseases 1993
- University of Louisville Med Ctr / Louisville, KY, Interventional Cardiology 1996
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Imagine Foundation
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, University of Louisville
Professional Society Memberships
- Healthcare Professionals Society of Nevada
Articles and Publications
- Has been Published
What do you attribute your success to?
Hard Work, Dedication, Persistence, and Honesty
Offered services at theSaint Therese Center,a center thatreaches out to those touched by HIV/AIDS to provide spiritual, physical and emotional support, educational and social services in the spirit of love and compassion, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Hobbies / Sports
- All 14 Hospitals of Las Vegas
Zia U. Khan MD's Practice location
Las Vegas, Nevada 89144Get Direction
LAS VEGAS, NV 89148Get Direction
Las Vegas, NV 89106Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Zia U. Khan MD | Cardiologist | Interventional Cardiology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Zia U. Khan MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Khan
- How to Control Your Sodium Levels
A recent CDC report shows that many of the foods used in restaurants and foods sold in grocery stores have the potential to increase sodium levels in the body when consumed. Breads and rolls were noted to be the most important culprits among the variety of foods that do this. Some foods that...
- What Is Ischemia? Treatment for Acute or Chronic Ischemia
What is ischemia?Ischemia is the medical term used to describe a lack of blood flow to certain organs or body parts. Since the blood carries oxygen and other necessary nutrients to parts of the body, when blow flow is reduced these body parts do not receive the adequate amount of oxygen and...
- How to Properly Recover from Heart Surgery
The first few weeks after a heart surgery are usually eventful and difficult. As time passes, life becomes easier with lesser discomfort, if postoperative precautions are followed stringently. The most important thing that a patient should realize is that he himself is responsible for quick healing....
- What is Ischemia?
Ischemia refers to the condition in which the muscles of the heart do not get an adequate supply of oxygen. This mostly happens because of reduced blood flow to the cardiac muscles either due to complete blockages or due to a partial block in the blood vessels that carry blood. This condition, also...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Medical Conditions That Are Associated with Lethargy
What are The Symptoms of Lethargy?Lethargy symptoms include:• Sluggishness• Being moody• Decreased level of alertness• Low energy levels• Fatigue and lack of motivation• Depression• Weight loss• Sweating and diarrheaMedical conditions such as premenstrual syndrome and medicinal side...
- Leo J Spaccavento MD2470 E Flamingo Rd Las Vegas NV 89110
- Allan J. Stahl Other653 Town Center Dr. Las Vegas Nevada 89144
- Tillmann Cyrus6900 North Pecos Road North Las Vegas NV 89086
- Tali Arik9280 West Sunset Road Las Vegas Nevada 89148
- Charles Ruggeroli MD500 South Rancho Drive Las Vegas Nevada 89106
- Kathleen Marie Benson MD9363 W Flamingo Rd Las Vegas NV 89147