Dr. Sohail Hasan is an ophthalmologist practicing in Orland Park, Illinois. Dr. Hasan specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Hasan can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Hasan can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Dr. Dr. Sohail Hasan, MD, PhD, FACS, FRCSC's Videos
Education and Training
University of Toronto
Univ of Toronto, Fac of Med, Toronto, Ont, Canada 1998
American Board of Ophthalmology
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Regional Public Speaking -
- Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago -
- Principal Investigator of the National Eye Institute's CATT Study -
Dr. Dr. Sohail Hasan, MD, PhD, FACS, FRCSC's Practice location
Orland Park, Illinois 60462Get Direction
HARVEY, IL 60426Get Direction
Dr. Dr. Sohail Hasan, MD, PhD, FACS, FRCSC's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hasan
- What Is Bacterial Conjunctivitis?
What is bacterial conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the palpebral or bulbar part of the eye. There are many types and many causes of conjunctivitis. One common type is bacterial conjunctivitis, wherein bacteria that infect the eyes spread through direct contact with an infected...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cataract Surgery
What is a cataract?Sometimes there is a clouding of the lens in the eye; this clouding is called a cataract. Mostly, this clouding is related to old age. In fact, the majority of Americans aged 80 and above have experienced this clouding or have already undergone a cataract surgery at a particular...
- What is Dry Eye?
Dry eyes are a condition in which the eyes do not get enough moisture and lubrication from tears. It is the tears that provides constant moisture to the eyes, which is very important for comfort of viewing. It is a very common condition in the population, particularly in people above 40-years-old....
- What Causes Iritis?
What is iritis?The colored part of the eye is called the iris. When the iris gets inflamed, the condition is called iritis, which is also called anterior uveitis. The muscles present in the iris help in pupil contraction and relaxation. The anterior and posterior chambers of the eye are also...
- What Are the Symptoms and Treatment Options for Blepharitis?
Blepharitis refers to the inflammation of the eyelid resulting in red and itchy eyes. This is a very common eye condition and can affect people of all age groups. It is not a very serious condition and will not affect one's vision in the future. Yet, blepharitis can be very uncomfortable and...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Pink Eye?
Pink eye, or conjunctivitis, is a contagious eye condition caused by the inflammation and infection of the conjunctiva. The conjunctiva is the transparent membrane covering the white part of the eye and the eyeball. Infection and swelling of the the mucous membrane becomes reddish, and the entire...
- Dr. Deepa G. Reddy M.D.1900 W Harrison St Chicago IL 60612
- Dr. Veeral S. Sheth M.D.6320 159TH ST OAK FOREST IL 60452
- Dr. Derek J. Dawson M.D.8256 HOHMAN AVE MUNSTER IN 46321
- Dr. Christopher David Pelzek M.D.931 Ridge Rd Munster IN 46321
- David H. Orth71 West 156th Street Harvey Illinois 60426
- Dr. Zac B Ravage MD71 W 156th St Harvey IL 60426