Dr. Jonathan Strand is a physiatrist practicing in VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. Dr. Strand is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Strand focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Strand can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Dr. Jonathan William Strand M.D.'s Practice location
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA 23454Get Direction
Dr. Jonathan William Strand M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Symptoms or Signs of Arthritis
Arthritis is one of the oldest diseases known to humans. Arthritis can affect people and children of all ages. The pain and stiffness of the joints are serious symptoms indicating that the person may have some serious type of arthritis that needs urgent treatment. If the person delays the visit to...
- How to Prevent Osteoporosis
Genes determine an individual’s height and skeletal strength, but certain lifestyle factors like exercise and diet are influential to the health of your bones. Having regular exercise will improve an individual's muscle and bone strength. Moreover, a person should get enough calcium daily through...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- Chronic Knee Pain: What Are the Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment?
Chronic knee pain is a long-lasting pain in the knees that is associated with swelling and stiffness. Typically, a knee pain lasts for more than three months. There are several causes of chronic knee pain and this article will focus on its causes, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment.What is...
- What Specialists Treat Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is sometimes described as "bone thinning". It’s a disease wherein the bone’s density and quality are severely reduced. As an individual’s bones become more permeable and fragile, the susceptibility to fracture is immensely increased. Bone loss occurs silently and progressively....
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- Dr. Beverly Lavern Roberts-atwater DO PHD721 Fairfax Ave Norfolk VA 23507
- Dr. David Scott Levi MD1788 Republic Rd Virginia Beach VA 23454
- Dr. Bonnie Jean Nock DO1788 Republic Rd Virginia Beach VA 23454
- Dr. Steven Lloyd Gershon MD1133 First Colonial Road Virginia Beach VA 23454
- Dr. Lisa B Barr MD1788 Republic Rd Virginia Beach VA 23454
- Dr. Joann Webber Dervay MD1800 Camelot Drive Virginia Beach VA 23454