Mr. Michael J. Fitzmaurice M.D.
Hand Surgeon | Surgery of the Hand8841 E Bell road 201 Scottsdale AZ, 85260
Michael J. Fitzmaurice, MD, MS, founded the Fitzmaurice Hand Institute in scottsdale, Arizona. The institute is dedicated to providing the most advanced minimally invasive hand & peripheral nerve surgery treatment options available. Dr. Fitzmaurice has also formed Bio-Med Nutrition, providing supplements that enhance the recovery process. The first product called NeuroGen® is a nerve support supplement which significantly improves nerve regeneration, decreases nerve pain and improves the overall recovery process from nerve surgery or injury. The supplement has significantly improved the recovery after endoscopic carpal tunnel surgery allowing even faster return to activity and normal function that with carpal tunnel surgery alone. The Institute is also involved in using stem cell resurfacing techniques for the treatment of thumb arthritis and other joint conditions. Surgery is performed at the EndoTech surgical facility under local anesthesia. This is the only facility which allowed to use the EndoTech endoscopic surgery instruments and procedures. Dr. Fitzmaurice is dedicated to advancing the field of hand surgery and providing the most cutting edge treatment options including proper nutritional support to enhance the recovery process.
Education and Training
St. Georges University
American Board of Surgery- General Surgery
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Surgery of the Hand
Mr. Michael J. Fitzmaurice M.D.'s Expert Contributions
Most hand surgeon perform hand surgery under a general or IV sedation. We use local anesthesia which does have the benefit of not requiring any pre-op workup or labs. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Conducts Research and lectures on Minimally Invasive Technique -
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- American Association for Hand Surgery
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- American board of regenerative medicine
- Palmetto Hlth Alliance, General Surgery
- Nerve compression (Carpal tunnel, cubital tunnel), trigger finger, tendinitis, arthritis
- Kleinert institute / university of Louisville (Hand and Reconstructive Microsurgery)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Association of Hand Surgeons, American Society for Surgery of the hand, American board of regenerative medicine, American association of anti aging medicine
What do you attribute your success to?
Strong Work Ethic, a Corrective Persistence and Committment to Excellence
Areas of research
Peripheral nerve compression
Stem cell resurfacing for arthritis
Minimally invasive hand surgery
Hobbies / Sports
- Time with Family, Staying Fit
Mr. Michael J. Fitzmaurice M.D.'s Practice location
Mr. Michael J. Fitzmaurice M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Fitzmaurice
- Are Food Allergies and Birth Months Linked?
Finnish researchers reported that food allergies in children are linked to the season they were born in. In a study conducted on 6,000 children born between 2001 and 2006, about 1,000 were tested for sensitization for food allergens until they reached4-years-old.Results of the study, published in...
- What is an Internal Hemorrhoid?
Hemorrhoids result from the application of pressure in the anus and rectum.Hemorrhoids can be either internal or external, depending on their location. Internal hemorrhoids are located deep in the rectum, far from where anyone can observe. Internal hemorrhoids may go undetected or even be...
- Can Zika Virus Cause Complications?
We live in a world where there are infection-causing viruses and germs prevalent in large numbers. As medical science progresses and attempts to find cures and remedies for these viruses, the viruses change form, grow stronger and strike back causing other forms of illnesses. While there are...
- What is Colposcopy?
Colposcopy is a procedure which examines the neck of the womb, commonly known as cervix, in a more detailed perspective. It is usually performed after a not so good result from the cervical screening test. Through colposcopy, the abnormal cells are observed as well as the extent on how abnormal...
- What is HIV: Get the Facts
Over the course of our four million or so years of evolution, we humans have developed a highly-specialized immune system that is quite a warrior in combating infections. We are bombarded daily by bacterial and viral pathogens which have the potential to cause us serious illness, but, completely...
- Reasons Why You Need Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a tingling, numbness, or weakness in the hands due to pressure on the Median nerve that is located in the wrist. Whenever you are faced with this challenge, you will be in discomfort after it progresses into the later stages. This is a condition that arises from stress...
- Mr. Sebastian Ruggeri MD3104 E Indian School Rd Phoenix AZ 85016
- Dr. Donald Charles Sheridan M.D.10213 N 92nd St Scottsdale AZ 85258
- Dr. Edward Martin Reece MD370 E Virginia Ave Phoenix AZ 85004
- Dr. Robert D Beckenbaugh M.D.2730 W Agua Fria Fwy Phoenix AZ 85027
- Dr. Edward Scott Frankel M.D.3033 N 44TH ST STE 100 PHOENIX AZ 85018
- Dr. Jozef Zoldos M.D.370 E Virginia Ave Phoenix AZ 85004