Dr. Meredith Shama is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in OMAHA, NE. Dr. Shama specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Shama can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Shama can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Meredith Shama MD's Practice location
OMAHA, NE 68124Get Direction
Meredith Shama MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Fitness Options for New Moms
Robert O. Atlas, MD, O.B.G.Y.N., chair of the department of obstetrics and gynecology at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore, is of the opinion that when a woman can resume exercise depends on the individual. Some new moms are ready within two weeks while some others may take a month or so to get back...
- C-Sections Can Be Risky for Premature Babies
A recent study shows that smaller babies have an increased risk of breathing troubles when delivered early by C-sections compared to babies who are delivered vaginally. Many times, the reasons for the slower rate of growth of the baby are not known. Some common causes of the baby being small include...
- Laparoscopic Treatment of Endometriosis
Endometriosis is a disease that affects women. It is characterized by a growth of the endometrial tissue outside of the uterus. It is characterized by pelvic pain and infertility. Different treatment options are available, one of which is laparoscopic treatment. For many women diagnosed with...
- Sandra Lee, Breast Cancer Survivor, Wants You to be Neurotic About Your Health
October is referred to in the United States as National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. In honor of the annual campaign dedicated to raising awareness of the disease, Sandra Lee’s documentary short - “RX Early Detection: A Cancer Journey with Sandra Lee” - is filled with wry humor, tears, and...
- What is Post Partum Depression?
Mood swings are normal after giving birth. Your emotions could be so high then down the next minute. These changes in emotion is called post partum baby blues, which begins two to three days after giving birth and usually lasts for two weeks.On the other hand, some moms or new moms experience severe...
- Overcoming Morning Sickness
Morning sickness is caused by your body releasing the pregnancy hormone HCG- which is released at it's highest levels during the first trimester.As many as 90% of all pregnant women experience some form of morning sickness during pregnancy. Although not all the morning sickness remedies may be...
- Dr. Sami Zeineddine M.D.6829 N 72nd St Omaha NE 68122
- Dr. Oormila P. Kovilam MD11109 S 84th St Papillion Nebraska
- Dr. Erin Harkness Evans M.D.2808 S 80th Ave Omaha NE 68124
- Dr. Jeffrey Stearnes M.D.1010 N 96th St Omaha NE 68114
- Dr. Sonya Myhien Tran M.D.9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee WI 53226
- Dr. Michael J. Barsoom M.D.7500 Mercy Rd Omaha NE 68124