Dr. Julio Perez-downes is a cardiologist practicing in JACKSONVILLE, FL. Dr. Perez-downes specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Perez-downes also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Dr. Julio C Perez-downes D.O's Practice location
JACKSONVILLE, FL 32224Get Direction
Jacksonville, FL 32209Get Direction
Dr. Julio C Perez-downes D.O's reviewsWrite Review
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Calcium Supplements Can Increase Your Risk for Heart Attacks
According to new research, calcium supplements are usually taken by elderly people and post-menopausal women to prevent their bones from thinning. Now, it may increase the risk of a heart attack. Researchers suggest that these drugs should be taken with caution.Some of the earlier studies reported...
- Can Heart Disease Be Reversed?
Coronary heart disease is a very common condition characterized by high LDL levels and blood pressure. A cardiac stress test by increasing the speed and inclination on a treadmill helps to diagnose the condition. Surgery and medication are common treatment strategies opted for when diagnosed with...
- What Conditions Increase Your Risk of Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure, or congestive heart failure, is a chronic condition that indicates the inability of one’s heart to sufficiently fill with blood or distribute adequate amounts of blood to the entire body.Heart failure usually occurs in individuals with advancing age. However, anyone can develop the...
- What Are the Health Benefits of Flax Seeds?
Numerous products that contain flax seeds are now hitting the market every other day and claim to provide additional health benefits. Flax seeds are now hailed as the new super food that helps to fight a number of diseases, including heart diseases, diabetes, and cancer. Although these seeds have...
- Professional Teeth Cleanings Can Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
Getting the teeth cleaned by a professional may not only give you a healthy and sparkling smile but also a healthier heart, according to a new study. In this study, people who regularly got their teeth cleaned and scaled by a dentist had a 24% less chance of getting heart disease, when compared to...
- Dr. Daniel E. Soffer MD485 Madison Ave New York New York 10022
- Dr. Sumant Lamba MD7011 A C Skinner Pkwy Jacksonville Florida 32256
- Dr. William R. Wainwright MD1361 13th Avenue South Jacksonville Beach Florida 32250
- Dr. Brett Matthew Sasseen MD483 N Semoran Blvd Winter Park FL 32792
- Dr. Daniel Herbert Katz MD655 W 8th St Jacksonville FL 32209
- Dr. Youssef Al saghir MD3900 University Blvd S Jacksonville FL 32216