Dr. Micael Lopez-acevedo is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in WASHINGTON, DC. Dr. Lopez-acevedo specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Lopez-acevedo can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Lopez-acevedo can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Dr. Micael Lopez-acevedo M.D.'s Practice location
WASHINGTON, DC 20037Get Direction
Durham, NC 27705Get Direction
Dr. Micael Lopez-acevedo M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Conditions Warrant a Hysterectomy?
Upon reaching reproductive age, the womb (uterus) creates ideal conditions for pregnancy, gestation, and delivery of a baby. But many things can go wrong within the female reproductive system. Development of fibroid masses, outgrowths of the endometrial lining, and excessive vaginal bleeding are...
- What Every Woman Should Know About Ovarian Cysts
Many women get an ovarian cyst of some type at some point in their life. Most are benign and do not cause any long-term harm. Having ovarian cysts certainly does not mean ovarian cancer. In fact, according to the provider reference Up To Date, most ovarian cysts do not need to be removed through...
- Different Approach to Mastectomy Can Provide 'Superior' Results
According to the results from a medical journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, a two-stage process involving pre-shaping breast reduction, alongside risk-reducing mastectomy and reconstruction, is considered a safer approach with superior cosmetic outcomes.Mastectomy refers to a...
- Can I Get Pregnant if I'm Older Than 35-years-old?
Women who want to get pregnant, but are older than 35-years-old are commonly weary about possible complications if they become pregnant. There are many women who have given birth to healthy babies when they were in their late 30s and even 40s. However, there are a few risks to a pregnancy if the...
- Do You Need a Bone Density Examination?
What is a bone density examination?A bone density examination is the only examination that will diagnose osteoporosis before its signs and symptoms become visible and before any bone fractures occur. With the help of a bone density test, your doctor will know more about the density and health of...
- The Health Benefits of Vitamin A
Vitamin A is a group of fat soluble vitamins that plays a major role in the function of our immune system as well as in vision and cellular communication. Vitamin A serves several important functions that help us to maintain a healthy body. It is important in helping to keep our eyesight,...
- Dr. Navita Modi7525 Greenway Center Drive Lanham MD 20770
- Dr. Mejebi T Mayor MD1160 Varnum St Ne Washington DC 20017
- Dr. Rony Tanios Elias M.D.1305 York Ave New York NY 10021
- Dr. Kerry Ann Hudson MD8901 Wisconsin Avenue Bethesda Maryland 20889
- Dr. Glynn M. Thompson MD655 Watkins Mill Road Gaithersburg MD 20879
- Dr. Steve Yu M.D.8911 Shady Grove Ct Gaithersburg MD 20877