Douglas W. Kress, MD, is the Chief of the Division of Pediatric Dermatology within the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, located in Pittsburgh, Pennslyvania. Dr. Kress has been in pediatric dermatology for over 15 years, and has been honored with the award of Top Doctor in Pittsburgh from 2008-2011 in Pittsburgh Magazine. His passion for children and medicine has driven him to success. Dr. Kress has over 20 articles published and participates in national and international public lectures on various dermatological topics. Dr. Kress is certified by the American Board of Dermatology in Pediatric Dermatology; as well as being an active member of many associations including being a Diplomate of the American Academy of Dermatology.
Education and Training
Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University
Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 1992
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University 1992
American Board of Dermatology- Pediatric Dermatology
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD- Pediatric Dermatology
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional, National, and International Public Speaking -
- Chief of the Division of Pediatric Dermatology at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC -
- Clinical Associate Professor of Department of Dermatology at the University of Pittsburgh -
- Top Doctor in Pittsburgh in 2008-2011 from Pittsburgh Magazine
- Molluscum Contagiosum
- Birth Defects
- Contact Dermatitis
- Allergic Reaction
- Keratosis Pilaris
- Plantar Wart
- Univ Hlth Ctr Of Pittsburgh, Dermatology; Univ Of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- University Health Center Of Pittsburgh
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh 1995
- University of Pittsburgh
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC Pediatric Dermatology Pittsburgh, PA USA 1995
- Childrens Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- University of Pittsburgh
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Dermatology, Society for Pediatric Dermatology, Pennsylvania Academy of Dermatology
Articles and Publications
- Has 20+ Articles Published
- Etanercept therapy improves symptoms and allows tapering of other medications in children and adolescents with moderate to severe psoriasis.
- What's your diagnosis? Painful nodules on the perineum with scarring and sinus tract formation.
- Surgical Pearl: Instrument tamponade for punch biopsy of the scalp.
- The utility of antihistone antibody screening in the diagnosis of drug-induced lupus erythematosus.
What do you attribute your success to?
His Love of Kids, Being Aggressive in his Treatment because of his Knowledge of Medicine, and Being Blessed to be Working with a Large Well-Trained Team
Hobbies / Sports
- Tennis, Racketball
Favorite professional publications
- Pediatric Dermatology
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
- Cleveland Clinic
Dr. Douglas W. Kress MD's Practice location
Wexford, Pennsylvania 15090Get Direction
WEXFORD, PA 15090Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Douglas W. Kress MD | Dermatologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Douglas W. Kress MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kress
- The Different Lupus Rash Treatments and How to Prevent Flare-ups
One of the many symptoms people with lupus face is the rashes on their faces and skin. While there are individuals with lupus who don't have any rashes or marks on their skin, a butterfly rash on the face and red lesions on the head and body are common symptoms. These rashes may feel uncomfortable...
- How to Combat Atopic Dermatitis
Atopic dermatitis, sometimes referred to as eczema, is a common and frustrating skin condition characterized by inflammation, dry skin, and rashes. It is a kind of allergy that affects the body’s first line of defense against infectious agents. It is more commonly seen in children; they normally...
- Can My Diet Prevent Aging?
Healthy foods and healthy eating habits are the key for feeling and looking young. Moreover, healthy foods protect the body against a number of debilitating and chronic conditions, which add to the woes of aging. Healthy foods are known to prevent common conditions that normally develop with age...
- How Do I Get Tan Without the Sun?
There are several alternatives to a safe tan, and that includes bronzers. Tanning products are generally classified into two types:...
- What to Expect at Your First Visit to a Dermatologist
Dermatologists are experts when it comes to helping people of all ages, including newborns, maintain a healthy skin, hair, and nails. If it is your first time to visit a dermatologist, knowing what to expect can help you prepare better. It is important to have regular dermatological visits to...
- Can Eczema Flare-Up Anywhere on My Body?
Eczema is the general term of a number of skin conditions. Doctors believe that the condition is passed on genetically and results from a disorder of the immune system. This disorder results in the overreaction of the system when it encounters certain triggers in the environment.Eczema can affect...
- Dr. Neil Niren MD135 Cumberland Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15237
- Dr. Brian Edward Pucevich M.D.190 Lothrop St Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Georgann A Poulos MD1654 Upham Dr Columbus OH 43210
- Dr. Ashley Lauren Kittridge D.O.363 Vanadium Road Pittsburgh PA 15243
- Dr. Jason George Whalen M.D.660 Washington Rd Pittsburgh PA 15228
- Dr. Lisa A Pawelski M.D.3424 William Penn Highway Pittsburgh PA 15235