Naveed Sami, MD, FAAD, works at the University of Alabama in Birmingham. He is an autoimmune skin disease specialist and Professor of Dermatology for the University. Some of the diseases he treats include scleroderma, psoriasis, and certain types of lupus. In 2007, Dr. Sami was a chapter author in Wolverton's Comprehensive Dermatologic Drug Therapy, a text that lists various types of drugs.
Education and Training
American Board of Dermatology- Dermatology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Professor of Dermatology, University of Alabama -
- Brown University; University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Harvard Medical School
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Dermatology
What do you attribute your success to?
Persistence, Hard Work
Naveed Sami's Practice location
Birmingham, Alabama 35233Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Naveed Sami | Dermatologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Naveed Sami's reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Treatments for Hives (Urticaria)?
Allergic skin disorders can be really disturbing. They can paralyze an individual’s quality of life and could even lead to tragic complications like allergic conditions. However, numerous treatments are available to control the symptoms efficiently.Types of Hives ...
- What Is Acne: Get the Facts
Acne is a condition that affects the oil glands of the skin. The pores connect to oil glands underneath the skin. These glands form an oily substance referred to as sebum. The pores then link to the glands via a canal known as the follicle. Inside these follicles, oil transports dead skin cells...
- Health Benefits of MSM Supplements
What is MSM?MSM, or methylsulfonylmethane, is an organic compound containing sulfur, which has been used for improving the functions of the immune system, lowering inflammation caused in the body, and restoring healthy tissue.MSM has biologically-active sulfur, which is the fourth most plentiful...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Lupus?
It is very hard to diagnose lupus. Since two individuals can have different signs of lupus, doctors have a hard time diagnosing it and treating it effectively. To diagnose lupus, it can take a long time, which can be distracting to both the doctor and the affected person. The symptoms of lupus can...
- Heat Rash: When Should I See a Doctor?
Heat rash is a condition that easily goes away with time without the need for medical care. This usually happens when the skin cools down and the sweating reduces. Sometimes, it can take a few days for the affected part of the skin to heal completely. However, there are times when the rashes tend...
- Will My Diet Induce Eczema?
Irritation and itching are two common symptoms of eczema. Whether diets are helpful to alleviate these symptoms is still not yet clear. Many studies that tried to associate diet and eczema have had contradictory results. Some studies show that eczema is related to food allergies, but many people...
- Dr. Elizabeth Jacobson M.D.250 Inverness Center Dr Birmingham AL 35242
- Dr. Vlada Groysman MD2290 Valleydale Rd. Birmingham AL 35244
- Dr. Timothy Andrew Mcgraw M.D.833 SAINT VINCENTS DR BIRMINGHAM AL 35205
- Dr. Kristy Proctor Curl D.O.2901 Cahaba Road Birmingham AL 35223
- Dr. Craig A Elmets MD1530 3rd Avenue South Birmingham AL 35294
- Dr. Danette D Bentley M.D.5346 STADIUM TRACE PKWY HOOVER AL 35244