Dr. Angela Smart is a speech language pathologist practicing in BOWIE, MD. Dr. Smart specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Smart evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Smart helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Angela Smart's Practice location
BOWIE, MD 20721Get Direction
Angela Smart's reviewsWrite Review
- How Common is Autism?
According to a recent survey, 1 out of every 52 children who attend school is autistic. The rates of the disease are constantly increasing, and the disease has trippled in the past decade, not only in the U.S but all around the world.Boys are more affectedWhen we study different ethnic groups and...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Miss Miguelina Zapata M.S. CCC-SLP4500 NEW HAMPSHIRE AVE NW WASHINGTON DC 20011
- Dr. Linda Bressant EDD4300 13TH ST NW WASHINGTON DC 20011
- Darla Kimbrough-glears SLP14409 GREENVIEW DR LAUREL MD 20708
- Mrs. Robin Failli CCC/SLP1911 LINCOLN DR ANNAPOLIS MD 21401
- Ms. Bettina Monet Jackson MS CCC-SLP10312 GRANDHAVEN AVE UPPER MARLBORO MD 20772
- Kirsten Metzger gilbert MA, CCC-SLP450 W BROAD ST FALLS CHURCH VA 22046