Dr. Peter Norman is an anesthesiologist practicing in Houston, Texas. Dr. Norman ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Norman also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
University of Toronto
Faculty of Medicine
Univ of Toronto, Fac of Med, Toronto, Ont, Canada 1977
American Board of Anesthesiology - Anesthesiology
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Prevention of succinylcholine fasciculations.
- Tracheal extubation of adult surgical patients while deeply anesthetized: a survey of United States anesthesiologists.
- Pancuronium added to intravenous regional anesthesia: systemic weakness after prolonged tourniquet inflation time.
- Improved, but not preemptive, analgesia.
- The sniffing position.
- [A rare etiology of pulmonary osteoarthropathy in Africa: silicosis. Apropos of a case from the Tchad].
- Anesthetic management of a patient with methemoglobinemia.
- Hypoxaemia in adults in the post-anaesthesia care unit.
- Retrospective but not rigorous.
- Plasma exchange for preeclampsia. I. Postpartum use for persistently severe preeclampsia-eclampsia with HELLP syndrome.
- Hypoxemia in the post-anaesthesia care unit.
- Oxygen desaturation and breathing patterns in pre-operative thoracic patients.
- A retrospective analysis of the effect of intraoperative opioid dose on cancer recurrence after non-small cell lung cancer resection.
- A political thought on the "Friday effect".
- Dissection of ascending thoracic aorta complicated by cardiac tamponade.
- Postpartum plasma exchange for atypical preeclampsia-eclampsia as HELLP (hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, and low platelets) syndrome.
- Oxygenation and ventilation characteristics of thoracic surgical patients the night before surgery.
- Pulse oximetry in the postanesthetic care unit.
- Prevention of postbypass bleeding with tranexamic acid and epsilon-aminocaproic acid.
- Four-centre study of anaesthetic outcomes.
- Obstruction due to retained carbon dioxide absorber canister wrapping.
- Vagal stimulation and myocardial dysfunction.
- Failure of a laryngoscope blade.
- Additional safety issues cited for sleep apnea cases.
- Torsade de pointes ventricular tachycardia during, but not necessarily caused by, sevoflurane anesthesia.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, Division of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center -
- Professor, Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center -
- Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Teaching- Baylor College of Medicine
- Toronto Hospitals
- St. Joseph's Health Center
- Toronto General Hospital; Baylor College of Medicine
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Anesthesiology, Texas Society of Anesthesiology, International Anesthesia Research Society
Articles and Publications
- 3 Articles in Cancer and Anesthesiology Journals
What do you attribute your success to?
His Education at the University of Toronto, His Mentors, and Support he Received Along the Way
- MD Anderson Cancer Center
Dr. Peter H. Norman M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Peter H. Norman M.D. | Anesthesiologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Peter H. Norman M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding Clinical Depression
Clinical depression is a serious medical illness that negatively affects how an individual feels, thinks, and how he or she acts. Depression varies from mild to severe, and in certain instances the individual can experience temporary episodes of sadness.Clinical depression is also known as major...
- Anti-Inflammatory Drugs for Rheumatoid Arthritis
What is Rheumatoid Arthritis?Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic inflammatory disorder that happens to affect more than just the joints. In a few cases for certain individuals, this medical condition can lead to damage in a wider sense; for example, it could affect the other body systems, which could...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Dr. Hany Samir M.D.6565 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77030
- Dr. Javier D. Lasala M.D.1515 Holcombe Blvd Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Yusuf Mosuro MDPO Box 38042 Houston Texas 77238
- Sherif Zaafran1500 City West Blvd Houston TX 77042
- Dr. Brett H. Warfield M.D.6340 North Eldridge Pkwy Houston Texas 77041
- Dr. Julian Martinez-Tica MD301 University Blvd Galveston TX 77555