Mohsen Mahmoud Hamza, MD, FAAP, works at Neurology Center in West Los Angeles, California. He specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of nervous system diseases of children. An accomplished lecturer, Dr. Hamza also held faculty appointments atUniversity levelin Neurology andPediatric Neurology at Charles Drew Medical School and Olive View in Los Angeles, California and in several major Health Care Institutes. He is board certified in neurology with added qualifications in child neurology and sleep medicine, and has been published.He also held an adjunct Professor post at his alma mater, Mansourah University School of Medicine.
Education and Training
Mansourah University School of Medicine
Univ of Mansura, Fac of Med, Mansura, Egypt 1978
Mansoura University, Faculty Of Medicine Medicine
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry
University Sakartvelo Faculty of Medicine 1979
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Neurology
with added Sub-Specialty in Child Neurology; American Board of Sleep Medicine- Sleep Medicine
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Evaluation of a new enzyme immunoassay for the detection of Helicobacter pylori in stool specimens.
- The prevalence of portal hypertensive gastropathy and duodenopathy in some Egyptian cirrhotic patients.
- Effect of Suction/Injection on Unsteady Hydromagnetic Convective Flow of Reactive Viscous Fluid between Vertical Porous Plates with Thermal Diffusion.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Professorship of Neurology and Child Neurology, Charles Drew Medical School UCLA -
- Snoring, Sleep Disorders, Parkinson's Disease And More
- Pinched Nerve
- Herniated Disc
- Multiple Sclerosis (ms)
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Ok Hlth Sci Ctr, Child Neurology
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center Program
- Louisiana State University
- Louisiana State University
- University of Oklahoma (Neurology)
Professional Society Memberships
- Clinical Electromedical Research Academy, American Headache Society, American Association of Electrodiagnostic Medicine, American Academy of Neurophysiology, American Academy of Sleep Medicine, American Academy of Pain Management
Articles and Publications
- Many Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
His Dedication to being Part of the International Neurology, Community, His Concern for the Well Being of Humanity
Hobbies / Sports
- Traveling, Discovering the World, Member of World Affairs Council
- Affiliations Include UCLA Medical Center
- Olive View-UCLA Medical Center
- St. John Medical Center Santa Monica
- Santa Monica UCLA Medical Center Santa Monica
- St. Vincent Medical Center
- Hollywood Pre
Dr. Mohsen Mahmoud Hamza M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Mohsen Mahmoud Hamza M.D. | Neurologist | Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Mohsen Mahmoud Hamza M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hamza
- Breathlessness: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction An unpleasant sensation of rapid breathing or difficulty breathing is known as breathlessness. People sometimes complain of feeling winded, puffed, or out of breath. Medically, it is called as dyspnea. Breathing may hurt and the person may feel tightness in the chest. It is normal to...
- Teen Mom Leah Blows Fans Away with How She Deals with Daughter's Muscular Dystrophy
Seven-year-old Ali Simms from Teen Mom 2 suffers from a rare form of muscular dystrophy, a condition which causes problems with movement, and usually heart and respiratory issues as the disease progresses. Ali was rushed to the hospital in August after struggling to breathe, worrying her family and...
- Anti-Inflammatory Drugs for Multiple Sclerosis
Multiple sclerosis is a disease that affects the brain and spinal cord. It involves an immune-mediated process, which results in an abnormal response. Such abnormal response leads to the damage of the central nervous system tissue and the immune system, which attacks the myelin causing...
- Amy Schumer's Shares How Multiple Sclerosis Rocked Her Family
Amy Schumer is one of America’s favorite comedy actresses, but it is not all fun and games off camera.Amy has come out a couple times, through her book and through social media, to share a bit about her experience having a parent with multiple sclerosis (MS).As adult children, we usually reach a...
- Pregnancy and Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson's disease happens to only 5% of women before the age of 40, with less than 400 women who are younger than 50 years old diagnosed with the disease in the United States. This is why pregnancy in patients with Parkinson's Disease is uncommon and a rare occurrence.There have been previous...
- Coping with Muscular Dystrophy
Discussing with a child that they have a muscle wasting disease is not easy. People who are diagnosed with muscular dystrophy have a mind that functions normally, but a body that does not. Being a parent of a child with MD revolves around acceptance. When you get past the initial fear and...
- Dr. Russ T. Shimizu M.D.2811 Wilshire Blvd. Santa Monica CA 90403
- Dr. Regina Berkovich MD1520 San Pablo St Los Angeles California 90033
- Dr. Lancelot Oliver Alexander MD275 The Crossroads Carmel California 93923
- Dr. Ezekiel Fink MD415 North Crescent Drive Beverly Hills California 90210
- Dr. Rami G. Apelian M.D.1015 North First Avenue Arcadia California 91006
- Dr. Mindy L. Aisen MD7601 East Imperial Highway Downey California 90242