Mary Lee Amarian, MD, FAAD, works at Santa Monica Laser and Skin Care Center in Santa Monica, California. Together with her team, Dr. Amarian specializes in modern aesthetic techniques, including treatment for moles, acne scars, and unwanted fat and hair. Dr. Amarian is well sought after in the Los Angeles Area, winning awards for her technique over the years. She is also a Professor and has her own skin care line, MLA serums and wrinkle treatments. She also has been featured on the cover of the Health section of the Los Angeles Times for her work on the VelaSmooth device for the treatment of cellulite.
Education and Training
UCLA School of Medicine
University of California 1979
American Board of Dermatology- Dermatology
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine and Dermatology, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine -
- Films Ten Years Younger on the Learning Channel -
- 2010 Southern California Super Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine
- TV Viewer's Choice Award, Best Dermatologist in the Los Angeles Area, 2009
- Southern California Super Doctors 2010-2012
- Top Women Southern California Super Doctors 2011
- Southern California Super Doctors 2008 2009
- Los Angeles Super Doctors 2007
- Actinic Keratosis
- Contact Dermatitis
- Allergic Reaction
- Seborrheic Keratosis
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Sebaceous Cyst
- Fellow AAD Membership
- Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
- UCLA School of Medicine (Dermatology)
- UCLA Hospital and Medical Center (Internal Medicine)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery, American Society of Dermatological Surgery
What do you attribute your success to?
Being Current in all Technologies, Loving Environment for all Patients
Hobbies / Sports
- Art, Reading
Favorite professional publications
- American Academy of Dermatology Journal
Dr. Mary Lee Amerian M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Mary Lee Amerian M.D. | Dermatologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Mary Lee Amerian M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Amerian
- Mono Rash: Get the Facts
What is mono?Infectious mononucleosis or "mono" for short is a viral infection caused by the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV). Although mono can affect people of all ages, it usually occurs in teenagers. The virus is transmitted and spread through infected saliva. For this reason, the infection is regarded...
- What’s the Best Birth Control for Acne?
If you’re suffering from acne, birth control might help in treating it. The synthetic hormones contained in certain birth control pills could assist in decreasing the secretion of excess oil from the sebaceous glands. This can typically minimize the chances of frequent breakouts. The ingredients...
- What Are the Symptoms of Cold Sores?
What are cold sores?Cold sores or fever blisters are a very common perioral condition caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). There are two types of herpes simplex virus. Type 1 usually causes cold sores, although in some cases, the cold sores can also be caused by type 2. It is usually...
- What Are Freckles?
What are freckles?Freckles are flat and circular spots that are beige or brown in color. Their size is usually comparable to the size of the head of a small nail. People who have red hair and a fair complexion often have freckles because of the MC1R variant gene, which is responsible for the...
- Blood Blister: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is a blood blister?A blood blister is a raised piece of skin that has blood inside it. Blood blisters are somewhat similar to blisters that have clear fluid in them. The blisters are usually harmless and tend to go away within a few weeks without treatment. A blood blister can contain blood,...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Rosacea?
Rosacea is a very common skin condition that frequently affects people aged above 30 years. It produces redness on your cheeks, nose, and forehead. Although it commonly affects women, more severe symptoms occur in males. Approximately 16 million people are affected in the United States alone, and it...
- Dr. Hala Koudsi M.D.3655 Lomita Blvd. Torrance CA 90505
- Janet J. Vafaie23440 Civic Center Way Malibu California 90265
- Paul Steven Yamauchi2001 Santa Monica Blvd. Santa Monica California 90404
- Dr. Joanna Chan M.D.800 Fairmount Ave. Pasadena CA 91105
- Dr. Rebecca Louis Fitzgerald M.D.321 N Larchmont Blvd Los Angeles CA 90004
- Dr. David Meyer Amron MD120 S Spalding Dr Beverly Hills CA 90212