Dr. Mary Lee Amerian M.D.
Dermatologist2336 Santa Monica Boulevard Suite 209 Santa Monica California, 90404
Mary Lee Amarian, MD, FAAD, works at Santa Monica Laser and Skin Care Center in Santa Monica, California. Together with her team, Dr. Amarian specializes in modern aesthetic techniques, including treatment for moles, acne scars, and unwanted fat and hair. Dr. Amarian is well sought after in the Los Angeles Area, winning awards for her technique over the years. She is also a Professor and has her own skin care line, MLA serums and wrinkle treatments. She also has been featured on the cover of the Health section of the Los Angeles Times for her work on the VelaSmooth device for the treatment of cellulite.
Education and Training
UCLA School of Medicine
University of California 1979
American Board of Dermatology- Dermatology
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine and Dermatology, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine -
- Films Ten Years Younger on the Learning Channel -
- 2010 Southern California Super Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine
- TV Viewer's Choice Award, Best Dermatologist in the Los Angeles Area, 2009
- Southern California Super Doctors 2010-2012
- Top Women Southern California Super Doctors 2011
- Southern California Super Doctors 2008 2009
- Los Angeles Super Doctors 2007
- Actinic Keratosis
- Contact Dermatitis
- Allergic Reaction
- Seborrheic Keratosis
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Sebaceous Cyst
- Fellow AAD Membership
- UCLA Hospital and Medical Center (Internal Medicine)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery, American Society of Dermatological Surgery
What do you attribute your success to?
Being Current in all Technologies, Loving Environment for all Patients
Hobbies / Sports
- Art, Reading
Favorite professional publications
- American Academy of Dermatology Journal
Dr. Mary Lee Amerian M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Mary Lee Amerian M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Amerian
- Biotin Benefits
What is biotin?Biotin is also called vitamin B7. It is a water-soluble vitamin that is one of the vitamin B complex. The vitamin B complex as we all are aware is a group of key nutrients which are very much required for the good health of the nerves, heart, metabolism and digestive system. Biotin...
- Ringworm of the Body and Scalp
IntroductionDermatophytes are fungi that get nutrients from keratin for growth. They usually affect the skin, nails, and hair. The species that commonly invade the keratin are those that belong to the genus Trichophyton, Epidermophyton, and Microsporum. Fungal infections produce ring-like...
- 5 Tips on Living with Heat Rash
Heat rash is also called "prickly heat" or "miliaria". Most children can get it, although it can also happen in adults. Heat rash is a condition that can cause discomforts, especially for people living in the tropical, hot, and humid environments. Heat rashes are sometimes accompanied by several...
- Serum Herpes Simplex Antibodies Test: Can It Help in the Diagnosis of Cold Sores?
What is the serum herpes simplex antibodies test?This test is used to diagnose the herpes simplex virus. It is an examination of the blood and it identifies the antibodies that fight against HSV. This herpes simplex virus is the leading cause of herpes. There are two different kinds of herpes: HSV-1...
- What is Chicken Pox: Get the Facts
Chicken pox, also known as varicella, is a very contagious disease that is caused by presence of the varicella zoster virus (VZV). The most typical and characteristic sign of chicken pox is itchy bright red blisters all over the body. The varicella vaccine protects about 70-90% of the people who get...
- What Is Heat Rash: Get the Facts
A rash is a general term used to refer to any visible outbreak of the skin. Heat rash also known as "prickly heat" refers to a condition of the skin that comes as a result of the blockage of sweat ducts. This is a condition that happens when the sweat ducts cannot excrete the sweat. Once these pores...
- Janet J. Vafaie23440 Civic Center Way Malibu California 90265
- Paul Steven Yamauchi2001 Santa Monica Blvd. Santa Monica California 90404
- Dr. Elena F Kandel M.D.12660 RIVERSIDE DR N HOLLYWOOD CA 91607
- Dr. Joanna Chan M.D.800 Fairmount Ave. Pasadena CA 91105
- Dr. Farnaz Gaminchi M.D.7320 Woodlake Ave West Hills CA 91307
- Dr. David Meyer Amron MD120 S Spalding Dr Beverly Hills CA 90212