Georg A. Hishaw, MD, works at the University of Arizona Health Sciences Center in Tucson, Arizona. He is also an Assistant Professor of Neurology for their affiliate, the University of Arizona. Dr. Hishaw is a neuropsychiatrist, who studiesmental disorders due to imbalances of the nervous system or traumatic brain injury such as schizophrenia. He is board eligible by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, and was Chief Resident during his time at the University of Arizona.
Education and Training
University of Missouri Columbia School of Medicine
University of Pennsylvania, PA 1996
University of Missouri-Columbia School of Medicine 2001
SCHOOL OF MEDICIN
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor of Neurology and Psychiatry, University of Arizona -
- AAN Resident Scholarship, 2007
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Memory Loss
- Vascular Disease
- University of Arizona (Neurology/Psychiatry)
- University of Arizona (Behavioral Neurology)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Neurology, American Neuropsychiactric Association
What do you attribute your success to?
Background in Medicine, Flexibility, Willingness to Learn from Patient Experience
Dr. Georg A. Hishaw M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Georg A. Hishaw M.D. | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Georg A. Hishaw M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hishaw
- How Is Autism Diagnosed?
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) describes a specific set of developmental and behavioral problems that affect an individual's behavior, as well as an individual's social and communication skills. A diagnosis of ASD means that your child’s social and communication skills, as well as play skills, are...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- C 1 Round Pill
Round Pill C1This pill has a "C 1" imprint. It is also round and blue in color. It has been identified as clonazepam 1 mg. It is used to treat anxiety, panic disorder, benzodiazepine withdrawal, and borderline personality disorder. It belongs to the drug class benzodiazepine anticonvulsants and is...
- What are the Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder?
Bipolar disorder is a complex mental disorder that leads to uncontrollable mood swings and severe risky behaviors. Otherwise known as manic-depressive disorder, this mental condition is associated with moods that sway between depression and mania. When an individual is not experiencing moods of...
- What Is Erectile Dysfunction: Get the Facts
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a condition in which a man is unable to get or maintain an erection long enough during sexual activity to satisfy his sexual needs. The condition was referred as impotence before medical research highlighted the underlying causes. Most men encounter erection problems at...
- What Is a Sociopath? Definition, Characteristics, and Treatment
A sociopath is an individual who has a personality disorder, which is characterized by antisocial, deceitful, and manipulative tendencies. Sociopaths also lack empathy and usually have a hard time forming relationships. Most of the time they are irresponsible, and in worst cases, do not have a...
- Mr. Kevin Goeta-Kreisler MD6408 E TANQUE VERDE RD TUCSON AZ 85715
- Dr. Rainier Diaz M.D.8050 E LAKESIDE PKWY TUCSON AZ 85730
- Dr. Richard Vance Barnes M.D.48 N Tucson Blvd Tucson Arizona 85716
- Dr. Tejaskumar B Patel MD6650 N ORACLE RD TUCSON AZ 85704
- Dr. Frederick Stuart Mittleman M.D.127 S 5th Ave Tucson AZ 85701
- Dr. Aimee C Kaempf MD1501 N Campbell Ave Tucson AZ 85724