Georg A. Hishaw, MD, works at the University of Arizona Health Sciences Center in Tucson, Arizona. He is also an Assistant Professor of Neurology for their affiliate, the University of Arizona. Dr. Hishaw is a neuropsychiatrist, who studiesmental disorders due to imbalances of the nervous system or traumatic brain injury such as schizophrenia. He is board eligible by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, and was Chief Resident during his time at the University of Arizona.
Education and Training
University of Missouri Columbia School of Medicine
University of Pennsylvania, PA 1996
University of Missouri-Columbia School of Medicine 2001
SCHOOL OF MEDICIN
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor of Neurology and Psychiatry, University of Arizona -
- AAN Resident Scholarship, 2007
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Memory Loss
- Vascular Disease
- University of Arizona (Neurology/Psychiatry)
- University of Arizona (Behavioral Neurology)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Neurology, American Neuropsychiactric Association
What do you attribute your success to?
Background in Medicine, Flexibility, Willingness to Learn from Patient Experience
- University of Arizona Health Sciences Center
Dr. Georg A. Hishaw M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Georg A. Hishaw M.D. | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Georg A. Hishaw M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hishaw
- Can Schizophrenia Be Treated?
Schizophrenia is a severe disorder of the mind that requires lifelong treatment. An individual suffering from this disorder is not able to identify the difference between what actually exists and what is in their mind. This disorder has an adverse effect on the way an individual thinks and reacts to...
- What Specialists Can Conduct Cognitive Behavioral Therapies?
When you are in a challenging situation that affects your behavior or thinking, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) can help you achieve peace within yourself by breaking down your situation into five different parts:...
- ADHD: How it Impacts the Family
Any negative medical condition suffered by one family member usually carries over to the rest of the family. How an ADHD diagnosis can affect the whole familyOnce a child, teenager, or even an adult, is diagnosed with ADHD, the impact of the diagnosis will be felt by the entire family. Furthermore,...
- Top 5 Signs You Might Be a Narcissist
A person may not even be aware of the fact that he is suffering from narcissism as it is extremely difficult to identify with very few symptoms. Such symptoms may only be identified by a trained therapist. A person suffering from narcissism should always consult a therapist to control his...
- What Is Celexa and Is It Safe During Pregnancy?
Anxiety and depression are medical conditions associated with the brain. While the complexities of these conditions are highly intense, in simple language, they are referred to as chemical imbalances in the brain. The most common medications used when it comes to the treatment of depression and...
- Helping a Loved One Cope with Depression
Depression is a serious mood disorder that can really change the way people live their life. However, depression can be treated with the help and support of people who truly care about the welfare of a person who is depressed. Most people who frequently feel depressed need intervention and treatment...
- Mr. Kevin Goeta-Kreisler MD6408 East Tanque Verde Road Tucson Arizona 85715
- Dr. Rainier Diaz M.D.2695 N Craycroft Rd. Tucson Arizona 85712
- Dr. Richard Vance Barnes M.D.1475 N Oracle Rd Tucson AZ 85705
- Dr. Tejaskumar B Patel MD6650 N ORACLE RD TUCSON AZ 85704
- Dr. Frederick Stuart Mittleman M.D.127 S 5th Ave Tucson AZ 85701
- Dr. Kisani Bersbach Ogwaro M.D.619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249