Barbara G. Tamulewicz, DDS, maintains her own dental practice in Brooklyn, New York.
She received her doctor of dental surgery degree from NYU College of Dentsitry in 1995. She has 26 years of experience and has been serving her patients in New York with exceptional dentistry.
Dr. Tamulewicz is a compassionate and highly skilled dentist and now offers patients her expertise in general and cosmetic dentistry. She prides herself on providing quality and comfortable dental care to all of her patients. She's been recognized as one of America's Top Dentists since 2005.
The procedures that the practice provides include but not limited to root canals, implants, crowns, bridges, various oral surgery procedures, diagnosis, and cosmetic dentistry. Worked at General Private Practice of Dr. Roger Desroches, DDS, Montefiore Hospital- North Division, Our Lady of Mercy Hospital, Private Prosthodontics Office of Farhad Vahidi, DMD, MSD, Government Dental Office of Poland, and Military Dental Office of Gdansk, Poland in Past
Education and Training
College of Dentistry
Advanced Education in General Dentistry
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Clinical Professor to New York Medical College Residents -
- Worked at General Private Practice of Dr. Roger Desroches, DDS, Montefiore Hospital- North Division, Our Lady of Mercy Hospital, Private Prosthodontics Office of Farhad Vahidi, DMD, MSD, Government Dental Office of Poland, and Military Dental Office of Gd -
- Peer Reviewed Dentists -
- National Institute Of Medicine Consultant In Dentistry; Distinguished Senior Consultant, American Academy of Dental Sciences -
- America's Top Dentist, 2003-Present
- Laureate Of The American Academy Of Dental Sciences, 2013-Present
- Dean's List, New York University, 1993
- Dean's List, Medical Academy of Gdansk, Poland, 1983-1986
- National Institute Of Medicine Consultant In Dentistry, 2013-Present
- Distinguished Senior Consultant, American Academy of Dental Sciences
- Coler Memorial Hospital (General Practice)
- The procedures that the practice provides include but not limited to root canals, implants, crowns, bridges, various oral surgery procedures, diagnosis, and cosmetic dentistry.
- Coler Memorial Hospital (General Practice)
Professional Society Memberships
- New York State Dental Association, American Dental Association-Dental Records Investigations, Second District of Dental Society of New York, New York State Police Investigators Association, National Institute of Medicine, American Academy of Dental Sciences, International Team for Implantology (ITI), 2018
What do you attribute your success to?
Compassionate and highly-skilled dentist.
Providing quality and comfortable dental care to all of her patients.
26 years of experience and many satisfied patients.
Teaching and speaking
An attending physician at the Metropolitan Hospital Center, working and teaching operating room guidelines.
Assistant Clinical Professor at New York Medical College.
Hobbies / Sports
- Traveling, Photography, Alternative Medicine, Reading
Favorite professional publications
- American Dental Association Journal
- Metropolitan Hospital Center
- Behavioral Health
- CIGNA Dental PPO
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus with CareLink
- Choice Fund PPO
- FL Health Savings
- FL Open Access
- FL Open Access Value
- HMO - Northern California
- HMO - Northern California Open Access
- HMO - Southern California
- HMO - Southern California Open Access
- HMO Open Access
- Health Savings
- Medicare Access
- Medicare Select (HMO)
- Network - Northern California
- Network - Northern California Open Access
- Network - Southern California
- Network - Southern California Open Access
- Network Open Access
- Network POS
- Open Access Plan
- Open Access Plus ONLY
- Open Access Plus/CareLink
- POS - Northern California
- POS - Northern California Open Access
- POS - Southern California
- POS - Southern California Open Access
- POS Open Access
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Vision PPO
- Workers' Compensation
Dr. Barbara Tamulewicz DDS's Practice location
Brooklyn, New York 11209 Get Direction
Brooklyn, NY 11220 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Barbara Tamulewicz DDS | Dentist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Barbara Tamulewicz DDS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tamulewicz
I come up from South Florida to let Dr. Tamulewicz work on my teeth. Hands down, she is precise and painless. She gave me the smile that I'm proud to show off now!
Best dentist in town. I truly recommend her to any one seeking excellent dental service. If you are looking for a perfect smile she is the one and no one else.
Dr. Tamulewicz is my favorite dentist. She is highly skilled and very dedicated. I was referred to her by my sister many years ago. Since then I have been in good hands. In the past I had few emergency situations and doctor has helped me to ease my pain and treat my hot tooth. Im very thankful for all care good heart and compassion. To sum up she is the best .
Dr. Barbara Tamulewicz has been my doctor since 2004. She is professional with outstanding work ethics. I restored my teeth with implants crowns and cosmetic restorations. From my experience I can tell that she is a painless dentist. The outcome of all my procedures has been beyond my expectations. I strongly recommend her to all my colleagues and friends. She also provides an excellent care to all my family members. I feel very comfortable with her. Dr. B. Tamulewicz is very friendly with positive attitude to the patients and her staff. I think she is a very unique dentist and I would NOT change her to any other dentist.
A dental appointment is never a pleasant experience for the patient. The anxiety of a painful experience is always in the patient's mind. Dr. Tamulewicz has treated me as a patient for twenty years and has definitely decreased any anxiety I experience when I visit her office. The equipment is state of the art and her patient management skills are superb. Her ability to give painless injections and give the drug time to work while relaxing the patient with relevant life stories is so valuable to me. Her dental skills are honed. She is quick and very efficient with great dental results. All in all,the comfort and trust I feel in her hands is the reason I will always be her patient. Great dentist, Great person.
Very skillful , compassionate , extremely knowledgeable ,communicates alternatives clearly, considers patients best interest at all times, honest, ethical, made me feel at ease during procedures, I'm her patient for 18 years Dr Beata Dygulska
Get to know Assistant Clinical Professor and Dentist Dr. Barbara G. Tamulewicz, who serves the New York City tri-state area at her private practice.
Speciality: General Practitioner with emphasis on Endodontics, Removable and Fixed Prosthodontics, Oral Surgery, Periodontal Surgery, Restorative, Cosmetic Dentistry
Dental School: Medical Academy, College of Dentistry, Gdansk, Poland New York Medical College, Department of Dentistry, NY
Hospital Affiliation: Metropolitan Hospital Center
Education: Dr. Tamulewicz graduated from the Medical Academy, College of Dentistry in Poland with a Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree in 1986 and from the New York Medical College, Department of Dentistry in US in 1995. Giving her over three decades of experience inher field.
Experience: After obtaining her Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree Dr. Tamulewicz completed her general practice residency and fellowship from Coler Memorial Hospital in New York. To stay up to date in her profession she remains a professional member with the New York State Dental Association, American Dental Association-Dental Records Investigations, Second District of Dental Society of New York, New York State Police Investigators Association, National Institute of Medicine, American Academy of Dental Sciences, and the International Team for Implantology.
Current Position: Dr. Tamulewicz currently practices at her private clinic, and is affiliated with Metropolitan Hospital Center.
Dentistry: Dentist help you maintain good oral health by stopping disease before it takes hold in your mouth. Regular exams and professional teeth cleanings, and instructions for at-home oral hygiene, and may also recommend preventive treatments. Restorative services are also offered, when a problem is found, they will ensure you get timely and appropriate treatment. A range of cosmetic procedures are offered. These include teeth whitening, cosmetic bonding and porcelain veneers to name a few. In many respects, your oral health can be seen as a mirror of your general health. Some dental problems may reflect issues in other parts of your body, and vice versa, and they work to correct any of these issues.
Personal: Dr. Tamulewicz attributes her success to being compassionate and highly skilled, as well as providing quality and comfortable dental care to all of her patients. When she is not working she enjoys traveling, photography, alternative medicine, and reading.
- Magnolia Bark Extract Prevents Bad Breath
According to the results of a study published in, Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, magnolia bark extract contains chemicals that may prevent bad breath or halitosis. These compounds, called magnolol and honokiol, kill the bacteria that cause bad breath and cavities.In this study, nine...
- What Are the Causes of Receding Gums?
As the margin of teeth recede, the roots of the teeth are exposed. Receding gums are a very common oral problem and are of concern as it may be the warning signs of many gum diseases. Gum deterioration occurs gradually with time and creates small pockets or gaps between the tooth and the gum, which...
- Wine May Prevent Cavities
Researchers from Italy's University of Pavia have revealed that red wine and white wine may fight against the bacteria that causes cavities. But the study was done invitro; it will be some time before this will be recommended as a method to prevent cavities.For this study, researchers used two types...
- Does Everyone Have Wisdom Teeth?
Introduction When a person reaches the ages between 17 to 21, the eruption of wisdom teeth or third molars may take place. However, for some, wisdom teeth do not show up at all. These teeth are called wisdom teeth because they tend to show up at a later and more mature age. When wisdom teeth...
- Gum Disease May Appear in Young Adults
According to a study conducted by the researchers from dentistry school of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, gum disease may start earlier than expected. Young adults should take better care of their oral health, as it may lead to many health problems. The study shows that gum disease...
- Everything You Need to Know About Dental Implants
Dental implants are devices that are used to replace natural teeth. These implants are placed into the jawbone, which over the time, fuse with the natural bone and gain stability.Dental implants are recommended for patients who do not have their natural teeth. This will allow the individual to have...
- Dr. Joseph M. Landisi DMD 1750 Crosby Ave Bronx New York 10461
- Dr. Dennis Walker D.M.D. 1640 Anderson Ave Fort Lee NJ 07024
- Dr. Michael Acquista D.D.S. 479 Bay Ridge Pkwy Brooklyn NY 11209
- Shaul Hubscher D.D.S 693 Columbus Ave New York New York 10025
- Mr. Namik Yusufov DDS 305 W 28th St New York New York 10001
- Dmitry Kucher DDS 349 E Northfield Rd Livingston New Jersey 07039