Dr. Ayra Matias practices Occupational Medicine in SAN JUAN, PR. Dr. Matias evaluates the interaction between work and health. Occupational medicine physicians have general knowledge of worksite operations and are familiar with the toxic properties of materials used by employees and the potential hazards and stressors of work processes; in addition to being qualified to determine an employees physical and emotional fitness for work; diagnosing and treating occupational diseases; handling work related injuries; and having an understanding of rehabilitation methods, health education techniques, sanitation, and workers compensation laws.
- Purification of Aphanizomenon flos-aquae toxin and its chemical and physiological properties.
- Demonstration of a toxin from Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (L.) Ralfs.
- Immunological types of lymphoproliferative disorders in a cohort: a 4-year study.
- The use of on-line image verification to estimate the variation in radiation therapy dose delivery.
Ayra Matias MS OTL's Practice location
SAN JUAN, PR 00924Get Direction
Ayra Matias MS OTL's reviewsWrite Review
- Risky Surgery Gives Man with Rheumatoid Arthritis Ability to Look Up After Decades
When Rodney Wente started experiencing pain and discomfort in his lower back, he knew that it couldn’t be good news. He was already dealing with rheumatoid arthritis, an autoimmune condition that caused inflammation all over his body. He was getting older, and his body was beginning to fail. When...
- Tips to Overcome Procrastination for Each Type of Procrastinator
Ever wondered how to overcome procrastination? Well, you have landed on the right page. This article focuses on how to beat procrastination. Each of us procrastinates for different reasons, and we all do it sometimes at least at one stage of our lives. There are six styles of procrastinators...
- Ear Infections: What is Swimmer’s Ear?
Swimmer’s ear, or otitis external, is the infection of a person's outer ear. It is caused by an inflammation of the external ear canal that extends from the ear pinna to the ear drum. This type of ear infection commonly occurs due to lingering moisture in the ear, followed by a resulting bacterial...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- What Are the Options for Preserving Fertility After Ovarian Cancer?
An ovarian cancer diagnosis is devastating. But if the diagnosis comes during family planning or even while thinking about having kids, it can bring up concerns about future fertility. Although being diagnosed with ovarian cancer and receiving treatment can affect the ability to become pregnant,...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...