Dr. David Wechter is an internist practicing in Chicago, Illinois. Dr. Wechter specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Wechter provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
University of Illinois at Chicago
Univ of Il Coll of Med, Chicago Il 1979
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- Michael Reese Hosp Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Michael Reese Hospital and Med Center
- Michael Reese Hospital
- Michael Reese Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, Florida Medical Association, American Academy of Neurology, International Headache Society
What do you attribute your success to?
Hard Work, Passion for the Medical Field, Patient Care
Hobbies / Sports
- Gardening, Cooking, Hiking, Traveling
- Masonic Medical Center
Dr. David Wechter M.D.'s Practice location
Chicago, Illinois 60653Get Direction
CHICAGO, IL 60615Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. David Wechter M.D. | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. David Wechter M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Wechter
- Are You a Mindless Eater?
Mindless eating is the tendency to eat even when you're not even hungry. This phrase was coined by food psychologist Brian Wansink, PhD of Cornell University, to describe subconscious eating habits that may lead to weight gain. Wansink declared that many people, especially in the U.S., have "eyes...
- How to Prevent UTIs
A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a common infection in any part of the urinary or renal system (urethra, ureters, bladder, and kidneys). In fact, it is the second most common type of infection among adults. Besides being responsible for over 8 million visits to healthcare professionals every year,...
- Sleep Positioners May Increase a Baby's Risk of Death
A warning has been issued by the FDA and the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) against the use of sleep-positioning devices for babies. About 12 deaths have been reported with the use of these devices in the last 13 years.FDA principal deputy commissioner, Joshua Sharfstein, reported that...
- Resistance Training Is Key for Flexibility
A study presented at the American College of Sports Medicine's annual meeting in Baltimore has shown that resistance training also may be good in improving flexibility and strength. “According to the study, resistance training can improve the flexibility as well as or better than stretching," says...
- What Is Vistaril Used For?
What is Vistaril (hydroxyzine)?Vistaril is a medication used to reduce central nervous system activity. It is an antihistamine drug that can help reduce the effects of histamine in the body and relieve symptoms of allergy, such as histamine-induced itch, hives, and contact dermatitis.Vistaril is...
- What Are the Health Benefits of Milk Thistle?
Milk thistle is a native plant of Europe and an integral part of the medicine for gall bladder and liver disorders. The active ingredients in this herb are flavanoid and silymarin, which have both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.Some of the common uses of the herb include:...
- Mr. Demetrios John Giokaris MD4921 North Western Avenue Chicago Illinois 60625
- Dr. Ignatius Tang M.D.400-E Randolph St. Chicago IL 60601
- Dr. Haresh Sawlani M.D.3445 North Central Avenue Chicago Illinois 60634
- Dr. Gretel Ruiz Jorge M.D.2601 W Main St Carbondale IL 62901
- Hassan N. Ibrahim6703 West 159th Street Tinley Park Illinois 60477
- Dr. Bernard Ogon M.D1001 W Main St Freehold NJ 07728