Mitchell B. Sheinkop, MD, has a private practice in Chicago, Illinois. He specializes in treating patients with complex hip and knee disorders, and treating them futuristically with computer care plans. By using computer-assisted navigation for arthroplasty, Dr. Sheinkop brings tomorrow's medicine today. He is also the former of the joint replacement program and Professor Emeritus at Rush University Medical Center. Currently, he is the Director of the Adult Reconstruction Program of the Rush Affiliated Network, as well as Director of joint replacement at Oak Park Hospital.
Education and Training
Chicago Medical School
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Orthopedic Surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Speaks for Other Physicians and Allied Healthcare Personnel -
- Lectured Internationally in the Past -
- Northwestern University School of Medicine (Orthopedic Surgery)
- Cook County Hospital
- Hadassah Medical Center (Pediatric Orthopedics and Trauma); Passavant Medical Center (Hand Surgery)
Professional Society Memberships
- Chicago Medical Society, Illinois Medical Society, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
Articles and Publications
- 92 Published Articles
What do you attribute your success to?
The Environment in which he has Practiced, the Colleagues he has Worked with and the Mentors from whom he Received his Training
Hobbies / Sports
- Fly Fishing, Skiing, Cycling, Reading
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery
- Children's Memorial Hospital
- Oak Park Hospital
Mitchell B. Sheinkop's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Mitchell B. Sheinkop | Orthopedist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Mitchell B. Sheinkop's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Lumbar Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
This is a type of surgery used in treating spinal stenosis, a condition that occurs due to the narrowing of space between the spinal vertebrae. In order to have a better understanding about spinal stenosis surgery, it is important to have a clear idea about the conditions which lead to this...
- What Is a Charley Horse?
What is a charley horse?A charley horse is a term used when referring to a muscle cramp or spasm. Although muscle cramps can occur in any muscle in the body, they are commonly experienced in the leg. In a muscle spasm, the muscle uncontrollably contracts and does not relax. When the contracting...
- What Are the Different Types of Arthritis?
Arthritis is a type of joint disorder that involves the inflammation and deformation of one or more joints in the body. The term 'arthritis' comes from the Greek words 'arthro,' which means joint, and 'itis,' a suffix that implies inflammation. There are more than 100 different types of arthritis...
- How to prevent Knee Pain
Knee pain is a common problem encountered by many people especially middle aged and elderly individuals. It has many causes, from acute injuries to complications of medical conditions, such as arthritis. Symptoms of knee injury can include pain, swelling, and stiffness.Knee pain is generally divided...
- Is Your Child at Risk of Osgood-Schlatter Disease?
Our body is a machine and any wear and tear occurring in any of the parts of the body can impair overall body functioning. One of the common types of pain felt by a number of people is pain associated with the knees. There are various forms and causes that could be related to knee pains, one of them...
- How is Bursitis Diagnosed?
What are the signs and symptoms of bursitis?Bursitis symptoms are there because of the amount of inflammation in the bursa, as well as the exact area of the bursa involved. The swelling causes pain and tenderness in the bursa. When the bursa is so swollen, then it can cause stiffness along with...
- Dr. Edward Jay Goldberg M.D.1611 West Harrison Street Chicago Illinois 60612
- Dr. Sarkis Bedikian D.O.4646 North Marine Drive Chicago Illinois 60640
- Jan Szatkowski1901 West Harrison Street Chicago Illinois 60612
- Dr. Kelley E. Banagan MD110 S. Paca Street Baltimore Maryland 21201
- Dr. Robert James Fink M.D.7200 N Western Ave-Floor 2 Chicago IL 60645
- Dr. Daniel P. Mass M.D.5841 South Maryland Avenue Chicago Illinois 60637