Carla S. Wells, MD, has worked as a Partner at Doctors of Women in Irvine, California for more than 20 years. She specializes in minimally invasive surgery (laparoscopic and robotic) and Obstetrics (low and hight risk). She has also co-written an OBGYN Chapter in the Washington Manual of Surgery. Dr. Wells practices at St. Joseph's Hospital in Orange California where she has served as the Chairman for the OB/GYN Department and Hoag Hospital, in Newport Beach and Irvine, California. When not working Dr. Wells enjoys spending time with her family/friends/pets and enjoys martial arts where she hold a position of 3rd degree black belt.
Education and Training
St. Louis School of Medicine
St Louis Univ Sch of Med, St Louis Mo 1991
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Chairman of Obstetrics/Gynecology dept St Joseph Hospital 2014 - 2015
- Outstanding Resident, American Association of Gynecologic Endoscopists
- Wyeth-Ayerst Award for Outstanding Scholastic Achievement
- ACOG, AMA
- Barnes-Jewish Hosp-S Campus, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- Barnes Hospital at Washington University
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Humane society of the United States , ASPCA
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, American Medical Association
What do you attribute your success to?
Quality Patient Care, Attention to Detail, Hard Work, Always Moving Forward in the Field with Corrective Persistance
Hobbies / Sports
- Aikido, Snowskiing
Favorite professional publications
- Green Journal
- St. Joseph's Hospital
- Hoag Hospital
Mrs. Carla S. Wells M.D.'s Practice location
Irvine, CA 92606Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Mrs. Carla S. Wells M.D. | OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Mrs. Carla S. Wells M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Wells
- How to Get Rid of a Yeast Infection
Our environment consists of a number of microorganisms that can enter the body through various means and lead to infections. One such common invasion is by yeast in moist areas of the body, causing a yeast infection.What Happens in a Vaginal Yeast Infection?There are a number of fungi that can...
- Certain Antiviral Medications May Be Safe to Take During Pregnancy
According to a report published in, Journal of the American Medical Association, certain antiviral medications during early pregnancy may not increase the child’s risk of major birth defects. Antiviral medications including acyclovir, valacyclovir, and famciclovir, are often prescribed for the...
- Water Breaking Before Labor: What You Need to Know
Pregnancy is a beautiful experience for all women; however, many precautions must be taken during the complete nine months that a mother carries their child. As a woman reaches her third trimester, it is important to be extra careful and look out for any signs of labor. The need for care only...
- Are Weight Loss Supplements Effective?
Have you ever considered herbal supplements to achieve a slim physique? There are many different types of herbal supplements that contain a variety of ingredients, like appetite suppressants, Ephedrine, Chitosan, Dandelion, Clenbuterol, Cascara, Guar Guam, and diuretics. Are these ingredients safe...
- What is Weight Loss Surgery?
Surgical options that help to limit the intake of food or absorption of nutrients resulting in the loss of weight are known as weight loss surgeries. Also referred to as bariatric surgery, this option is often recommended for those who have severe obesity. This option has been in practice for many...
- What’s Next After a Cervical Cancer Treatment
Treatment for cervical cancer may remove or destroy the cancer cells. Thus, treatment can be stressful and exhilarating at the same time. When you finish the treatment, you might be relieved afterwards but it is also hard not to think and worry whether the cancer might come back. The recurrence of...
- Dr. Linh Dan Nguyen M.D.9940 Talbert Ave Fountain Valley CA 92708
- Dr. Cau Van Vo MD14024 Magnolia St Westminster California 92683
- Dr. Thuc B. Tran M.D.71380 Highway 21 Covington Louisiana 70433
- Miss Latasha Mason MD22550 Savi Ranch Parkway Yorba Linda California 92887
- Dr. George Ahad MD947 South Anaheim Boulevard Anaheim California 92805
- Mazin Abdullah1640 Newport Blvd. Costa Mesa California 92627